Windows 10: Cant find windows audio in services or msconfig

Discus and support Cant find windows audio in services or msconfig in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem, today my notebook stop playing sound, when i tried to solve this problem, i tried to find Windows Audio in Services and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jakub Rericha, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Cant find windows audio in services or msconfig

Hello, i have a problem, today my notebook stop playing sound, when i tried to solve this problem, i tried to find Windows Audio in Services and in System Configuration, but i cant find it anywhere. Please can someone help me solve this problem?

:)

Jakub Rericha, Sep 21, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Window 10 audio services not responding

Keyboard:
    win + r (simultaneously)
    services.msc

locate each:
    1) Windows Audio
    2) Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    3) Plug and Play

Right click on each of the above and make sure:
    Startup type is automatic
    Services are running

For each of these make sure that you right click then restart them despite the displayed status.

In the left lower corner search type: msconfig
    Make sure that there are check marks for each

Windows Audio
    Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

Reboot

There are more troubleshooting steps if the above does not fix the audio.

zbook, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Cant find windows audio in services or msconfig

Audio Services not responding

Hi Glen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the audio is not working on the PC. It could be possible that the audio service or its dependent services are disabled from the startup.

Let’s go ahead and try a few steps to see if we can fix the issue.

Method 1:

Try starting the PC in normal startup from msconfig options and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      msconfig
      and hit enter.
    3. Go to Services tab and check the
      Windows Audio and Windows Audio endpoint builder
      services.
    4. Now on the General tab select the radio button against
      Normal startup.
    5. Now click on Apply and
      OK.
    6. Click on Restart.

After the PC restarts start the Windows audio and the dependent services and check.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      services.msc
      and hit enter.
    3. Now look for Windows Audio and
      Windows Audio endpoint builder services.
    4. Right click on the service and click on
      Properties.
    5. Under General tab change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    6. Now go to the dependencies tab and look for the services:
      DCOM Server Process Launcher, RPC Endpoint Mapper
      and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and start them.
    7. Now right click on the
      Windows Audio
      service and click on Start.

Also, you can try starting the Plug and Play service as
    Windows Audio is also dependent on this service.

Method 2:

Set the speakers as default audio device.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the taskbar and click on
      Sounds.
    2. Now go to Playback tab and right click on the
      speakers.
    3. Now select set as default Device.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Cant find windows audio in services or msconfig

1. Cant find windows audio in services or msconfig - Similar Threads - Cant find audio

2. disabled all Services in MSCONFIG in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabled all Services in MSCONFIG in Windows 11: Accidentally disabled all Services in MSCONFIG in Windows 11, now unable to login, tried all the recommended repair features, still unable to fix. Please advise....
  3. disabled all Services in MSCONFIG in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabled all Services in MSCONFIG in Windows 11: Accidentally disabled all Services in MSCONFIG in Windows 11, now unable to login, tried all the recommended repair features, still unable to fix. Please advise....
  4. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled msconfig services can't login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  5. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled msconfig services can't login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  6. MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSCONFIG ALL DISABLED SERVICES BY MISTAKE: i have a mi laptop pls help i cannot find my bitlocker key pls help and i cannot find my bitlocker key in my Microsoft account also.i don't want to reset pls help...
  7. Accidentally Disable All Services in msconfig include Windows Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally Disable All Services in msconfig include Windows Services: Hi, I Accidentally disable All Service in my Windows 10 in msconfig menu.Now, in my screen only Show lockscreen but i can not Login with PIN that i have created before...How i enable All services without loses all the Apps and Files...And i'm not yet backUp my Windows.....
  8. Windows 10 msconfig disabled all services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 msconfig disabled all services: After i accidentally disabled all window services on msconfig i restarted my pc the my password or pin is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-msconfig-disabled-all-services/7d2f466e-f3f0-42ab-85d1-4f9a382f43cd
  9. Disabled all services(including windows services) in msconfig. Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabled all services(including windows services) in msconfig. Help: So I was trying to fix a crashing issue with my firefox browser and it was suggested to disabled all services, but I forgot to check the hide Microsoft services box. After restarting(unknowingly), I was unable to connect to the internet, hear audio, etc. I've tried...
  10. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...