Windows 10: Can't find Windows.old file

Discus and support Can't find Windows.old file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had the BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled. I couldn't go into safe mode because of the bitlocker. I couldn't reinstall Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJohnson120, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Can't find Windows.old file

I recently had the BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled. I couldn't go into safe mode because of the bitlocker. I couldn't reinstall Windows 10 initially because of the bitlocker. I used Gparted to delete all of the partitions, then I was able to successfully do a custom install of Windows. When the computer restarted after installing, there is no windows.old folder. I tried viewing hidden icons, checking to see if I was in a temporary administrator account, but no luck finding it. By removing all of the partitions, did I lose the ability to have a windows.old folder created?

Thanks.

:)

TJohnson120, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Can't find Windows.old file

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't find Windows.old file

1. Can't find Windows.old file - Similar Threads - Can't find old

2. Finding old files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding old files: Hi all, hope anyone can help me with my current issue.A couple months ago I upgraded my pc. Together with a new SSD and windows 11 has been installed on that one. As I had a 1gb SSD in the old system with windows 10 on it and installed it onto my motherboard with the idea of...
  3. Finding old files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding old files: Hi all, hope anyone can help me with my current issue.A couple months ago I upgraded my pc. Together with a new SSD and windows 11 has been installed on that one. As I had a 1gb SSD in the old system with windows 10 on it and installed it onto my motherboard with the idea of...
  4. windows can't find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows can't find my files: i booted up my computer after an update a few days ago and tried to open a text file on my desktop, it threw the error of "Windows cannot find path to file. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". if i try to open a photo and i get "path to photo no such...
  5. Can't find file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find file: I downloaded a plugin for ableton live which required a installer first. I used the installer to download the actual plugin then it required me to restart my computer. Once I finished restarting the pc, I searched for the downloaded plugin so i could move it into the correct...
  6. Can't find old emails to collate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find old emails to collate: I'm really struggling with windows 10, I can't seem to find some really important emails, all from the same company but different individuals. Can anybody help with how to collate them so I can file in a folder all together? My email is not an outlook one. Patsy...
  7. Windows can't find my files

Windows can't find my files: All of a sudden, Windows can't find many maybe even most, but not all of my files and apps. When I try to open a Word doc, or my Brother printer/scanner app, or Everything to search for files, I get an error saying "Windows cannot find [xxx.doc or xxx.exe]. Make sure you...
  8. Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer

Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer: Split from this thread. I have a new computer with Windows 10 and I have tried to transfer the data from my old windows 7 computer and I can not find the files on the new computer....
  9. Windows 10 can't find files! :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't find files! :(: I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search seems to be broken! When I try to search for a file, only maybe the same few files come up on the screen. I have to use File...
  10. Can't remove Old windows file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove Old windows file: Hey guys.. I'm using core-i5 6200 6th Gen laptop with windows 10. My windows was creating some problems so I had to reset Windows. Now I can't delete windows.Old file. I have tried disk clean up method but it has left some files and are unremovable. By deleting it says you...