Windows 10: Can't find wsl.exe

Discus and support Can't find wsl.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I'm trying to install WSL for windows but when I use wsl.exe --install CMD or powershell can't find the command and yes I did it with admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lidistat67, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Can't find wsl.exe

Hello. I'm trying to install WSL for windows but when I use wsl.exe --install CMD or powershell can't find the command and yes I did it with admin privileges but still. I have windows insider beta build 21H1 19043.844 but I still get the error.

:)

lidistat67, Mar 9, 2021

2. WSL

Version 2 of WSL uses a new lightweight utility virtual machine capability. To enable the lightweight virtual machine and WSL, you need to enable two Windows features: Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

To enable these features via the user interface (UI), press the Windows key and enter Windows Features, then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    When the Windows Features dialog appears, check the boxes for Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Subsystem for Linux.

If you want to make version 2 the default for any Linux distros you install then run the following command:

Code:
    Now you can install Linux distro from Microsoft Store it will be running version 2 of WSL.

A distro can be converted between versions of WSL after installation. To achieve this, you use the wsl --set-version command.

This command takes two arguments:

• The name of the distro to update
    • The version to convert it to

An example of converting the Ubuntu distro to version 2 is shown here:

Code:
    Execute wsl --list --verbose versions of WSL installed distro.

FreeBooter, Mar 9, 2021
  3. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Can't find wsl.exe

WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't find wsl.exe

1. Can't find wsl.exe - Similar Threads - Can't find wsl

2. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  3. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe: HelloI have been facing these two errors while working with my system several times.I have try the following commands in Command prompt but problem is still not solved .sfc /scannowDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  4. Erore : windows cant find WinCRT32.exe or LibCache32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows cannot find .exe file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find .exe file.: I've been trying to fix this problem for about a week and nothing has worked. Whenever I open a game, I get this. All I have to do is press "ok" about four times and it goes away. It's getting very annoying. Any help would be very appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  6. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  7. windows 10 Can't find .exe files

windows 10 Can't find .exe files: I have a new laptop which is upgraded to win 10 pro. I installed Microsoft office onto it. When I click on any of the apps associated with the office I get the error windows can't find C:\program files9x86\Microsoft office\office12\*.exe. I have tried this series of commands...
  8. Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe

Windows 10 cannot find rundll32.exe: This problem started when my system did a OS update. I run a windows 10 and since the update of the software, the volume of my system has gone down really low. When I click to open the sounds from the speaker, it gives me the message "windows cannot find the...
  9. Windows can't find .exe

Windows can't find .exe: Hello, I'm having an issue whenever I try to launch NVidia GeForce Experience. The full error message reads as follows; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name...
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...