Windows 10: Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

Discus and support Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i started having this problem since i messed up the ACL on my C: Hard Drive, (my windows is bootable and it's Windows 10 Home (1089) and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chadchad23(2), Jan 25, 2019.

1. Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

Hello, i started having this problem since i messed up the ACL on my C: Hard Drive, (my windows is bootable and it's Windows 10 Home (1089) and Windows 8.1 (latest version) I put the all check box into the right option (Deny)

after i did that, i started getting some errors while opening up my command prompt on administrator. But, if i don't open it as administrator it works. I tried enabling the adminstrator account using a non-administrative activated command prompt, i putted this, "net user administrator /active:yes" after i pressed enter this shows: System Error 5 has occured. Access is denied. I tried going to regedit.msc but it dosen't work it shows this: Windows cannot find regedit.msc. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and than try again

i tried going to C: Drive, but it says "C: isn't accessable"

i tried going to undo the things that i did on the ACL of the hard drive but after i clicked "Change" on the advanced options, it didn't work, i think the Administrator thing is broken beacause the C: is not accessable....

settings is working....

any help, i appreciate the feedback, thx

and also i wanna try to reset this pc but i don't wanna to.

:)

chadchad23(2), Jan 25, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CCan't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied. :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    c-drive not accessible, access denied

Based on the error message you're getting, we'd like to know if you've tried repairing Office? If not, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Programs and Features and then press Enter.
    • Look for Microsoft Office from the list and then right-click to select
      Repair

It will automatically fix any issues that might be causing the problem. After running a repair, kindly check if you'll now be able to access (CCan't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied. :) drive.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Jan 25, 2019
  4. bap2690 Win User

Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

C: Access is denied

I tried to block C, D and F drive from standard users. Post that, I am not able to access these drives.

I tried both methods given in below link -

C drive access denied in windows 10

I am unable to use any regedit option as acessss to C drive is denied.

Still issue persist. Kindly siggest.

bap2690, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied.

1. Can't fix C: is not accessable, access is denied. - Similar Threads - Can't fix accessable

2. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  3. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  4. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  5. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  6. How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied: So I've been trying to fix "C:\ is not accessible Access is denied" problem and I've spent two days to follow the instructions from Google,etc and still didn't work. Please help me I'm really stressed out because of this . Even when I'm trying to share it it says "An error...
  7. How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied

How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied: So I've been trying to fix "C:\ is not accessible Access is denied" problem and I've spent two days to follow the instructions from Google,etc and still didn't work. Please help me I'm really stressed out because of this . Even when I'm trying to share it it says "An error...
  8. How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. C:\is not accessible access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0
  10. C:\is not accessible access denied

C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i click drive c says cant open access control editor access is denied how fix