Windows 10: Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

Discus and support Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone tell what the powershell errors means? when i put this commend ((Get-ChildItem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

Can someone tell what the powershell errors means?

when i put this commend

((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode

i get the following errors

Code: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x8E5E0212: Adding a tile failed with unexpected error. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1621677-725f-0001-e720-63e15f72d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID e1621677-725f-0001-e720-63e15f72d001 At line:1 char:134 + ... temProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x8E5E0212: Adding a tile failed with unexpected error. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1621677-725f-0001-0221-63e15f72d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID e1621677-725f-0001-0221-63e15f72d001 At line:1 char:134 + ... temProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x8E5E0212: Adding a tile failed with unexpected error. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1621677-725f-0003-4a05-65e15f72d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID e1621677-725f-0003-4a05-65e15f72d001 At line:1 char:134 + ... temProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x8E5E0212: Adding a tile failed with unexpected error. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1621677-725f-0003-0206-65e15f72d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID e1621677-725f-0003-0206-65e15f72d001 At line:1 char:134 + ... temProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x8E5E0212: Adding a tile failed with unexpected error. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1621677-725f-0002-b05e-63e15f72d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID e1621677-725f-0002-b05e-63e15f72d001 At line:1 char:134 + ... temProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x8E5E0212: Adding a tile failed with unexpected error. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] e1621677-725f-0000-89b1-63e15f72d001 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID e1621677-725f-0000-89b1-63e15f72d001 At line:1 char:134 + ... temProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand[/quote]

:)

xdarkmario, Apr 8, 2015
  2. chubble10 Win User

Windows 10 Store apps unusable

Hi, sadly this doesn't seem to have fixed it - my all my Modern apps are unlaunchable, and running the PowerShell script to reinstall them is still failing with the same error.

chubble10, Apr 8, 2015
  3. Shell Freezes with SearchUI.exe crashing once or twice a day

I have attempted the powershell, and have had no different results. My issue has started more recently though. My system reliability has crashed down from a very high level. I can't use my start menu, cortana, and I think my twitter 'modern' app crashes.
    I have attempted sfc /scannow, and the powershell. SFC reported to have fixed a few things, but the issue persists.

oneupthextraman, Apr 8, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

[/quote] Did you do as PowerShell told you? If you had read the plain text log file with the command PS told you (highlighted in above quote), you would most probably have seen that the reason for this error is simply that the Start Menu is running (and possibly other Modern apps). Start Menu in 10 is a Modern app as any other (Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost).

A simple workaround to run a command with requires even the Start Menu (an app) to be closed is to open the Task Manager, go to Details tab, right click the process Explorer.exe and select End task, run your command in PowerShell, then restart Explorer from Task Manager > File Menu > Run new task.

Kari, Apr 9, 2015
Thema:

Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

1. Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error - Similar Threads - Cant fix crashing

2. Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify app repeatedly crashing due to combase.dll error: The Spotify app crashes and just closes in the background. I have uninstalled and cleared the app from the C drive folders as well as the registry after the uninstallation. Even used CCleaner to clear registry after uninstallation. The app was then reinstalled through the...
  3. Fix Disconnected due to transmission error on Modern Warfare

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Disconnected due to transmission error on Modern Warfare: [ATTACH]In this guide, we are going to discuss how you can fix the error message “Disconnected due to transmission error” in Modern Warfare on Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. Modern Warfare is one of the best addition to the Call of Duty franchise. It is very popular amongst...
  4. modern apps crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    modern apps crashing: Do you have an approach that typically resolves the issue of modern apps (store, photos, etc.) crashing instantly? start menu and settings still work. reregistering affected appx packages, sfc, and typical dism commands do not typically resolve the issue for me. this issue...
  5. App crashing due to multiple different errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App crashing due to multiple different errors: When running the Roblox app, it will constantly crash. This is what I found in the appcrash folders: Sig[0].Name=Package Full Name Sig[0].Value=ROBLOXCORPORATION.ROBLOX_2.424.65124.0_x86__55nm5eh3cm0pr Sig[1].Name=Application Name Sig[1].Value=praid:App...
  6. Odd crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd crashing: After a while of usage, all apps on my PC stop responding one by one. Ending the task and ctrl+alt+delete don't work when this occurs, and interacting with other apps seems to cause them to freeze. For instance, I was playing a game while talking with my friends in a voice...
  7. Modern APPs auto crashing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modern APPs auto crashing?: Since last update, all apps downloaded from Windows store now tend to auto close as I leave the UI for a short time. All of them..... Quite annoying. Anyone having this?...
  8. Windows modern app won't launch even after powershell command fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows modern app won't launch even after powershell command fix: I've encounter that all of my windows 10 apps cannot launch. I click them in the start menu but without response. I've executed powershell command Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified.

Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified.: Looking for a way to use powershell to remove every modern/metro app except those specified in a list. I assume you'd have to use get-appxpackage to list all apps installed, then select ones that aren't in the list. (the list would just include what's included by Windows by...
  10. cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing)

cant sign in modern apps (popping up and crashing): i cant sign in to any modern windows 10 whenever i try the signing in a square pops up and disappears (crashing). like if i sign in to xbox app it just flicker and closes.and if i try to sign in through the windows 10 settings the same thing happens. i have already reset all...