Windows 10: Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu”

Discus and support Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu” in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Well, i dunno what’s the problem is. My pc was broken, no idea how, thats a weird story, and also kinda here privacy, so sorry, can’t say anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by witmakishori, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu”

Well, i dunno what’s the problem is.

My pc was broken, no idea how, thats a weird story, and also kinda here privacy, so sorry, can’t say anything more. when i got my pc back it didn’t turn on. I checked and saw that GPU is died - https://ibb.co/h24CMmP

So, im put it off from motherboard, then tried to turn pc but still nothing. I goes to service, they fix pc, it runs now, but i guess i was thinking about some problem and asked about pci slot, and they didnt check it… About gpu they...

Read more

witmakishori, Dec 31, 2021

2. How many power (apms) could provide single PCI-E cable

Yes, i asked gigabyte what power i need from PCI E cable to provide enough power to my GTX970 and they told me 25 amps. So i have to ask again did my PCI E cable will provide enought power.. i dont want to damage my GPU.

Pavel Bacov, Dec 31, 2021
  3. 90 degree PCI-e Power cables

looks like My (apparently a link was posted b4 mine was ) idea was SO good it had to be repeated. this is why i post pics, it helps reduce repeat suggestions

Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu” No_sign.png

personally id go with right angle standard plugs, as the item i posted is a tad bulky imo

jboydgolfer, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu”

PCI-e power for graphic card

Hi .. just bought a new card, Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G. I noticed something funny .. if I plug the PCI-e power to my PSU, the fan stops running but computer boots up fine.

But if I unplug the PCI-e power, the fan starts running when computer boots up and there is an error on screen "please plug in power for this graphic card on the PCI-e slot".

So it's quite strange .. quite the opposite of what is supposed to be.

Any ideas?

Dennis Ser, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu”

1. Can’t fix “plese shut down power and connect the pci-e cables to this gpu” - Similar Threads - Can’t fix “plese

2. PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN: I INSTALL PCI-E COM PORT ON WINDOW 10 , DRIVER PCIE COMPORT IN DEVICE MANAGER ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER NEED TO SCAN THE DEVICE MANAGER EVERYDAY, CAN SOMEONE HELP HOW TO FIX ?...
  3. PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN: I INSTALL PCI-E COM PORT ON WINDOW 10 , DRIVER PCIE COMPORT IN DEVICE MANAGER ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER NEED TO SCAN THE DEVICE MANAGER EVERYDAY, CAN SOMEONE HELP HOW TO FIX ?...
  4. PCI-E COMPORT ALWAYS MISSING AFTER RESTART OR SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop shut down often while connecting to a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut down often while connecting to a hdmi cable: Last year i use hdmi to monitor had no problem.I had this problem already for a couple weeks. When i connected to the hdmi cable my laptop will shutdown by itself even though when i am just only using google or zoom.My laptop resolution was 1366x768 and when i connected to...
  6. Fatal error: Please Power Down And Connect The Pcie Power Cable ...

Fatal error: Please Power Down And Connect The Pcie Power Cable ...: [[from wife's laptop]] This may seem a bit lengthy but Im attempting to provide sufficient info for troubleshooting on the first go. PROBLEM DESCRIPTION Im experiencing the following fatal error: PLEASE POWER DOWN AND CONNECT THE PCIe POWER CABLE FOR THIS GRAPHICS CARD...
  7. Pci e

Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  8. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  9. PCI-e power for graphic card

PCI-e power for graphic card: Hi .. just bought a new card, Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G. I noticed something funny .. if I plug the PCI-e power to my PSU, the fan stops running but computer boots up fine. But if I unplug the PCI-e power, the fan starts running when computer boots up and there is...
  10. power on/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...