Windows 10: Cant fix this CPU usage issue

Discus and support Cant fix this CPU usage issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can not fix this. EVen tried the command prompt code but says access denied. When i went to the services and tried to disable it says access denied.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter _Bull, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Cant fix this CPU usage issue

I can not fix this. EVen tried the command prompt code but says access denied. When i went to the services and tried to disable it says access denied. But I'm logged in as administrator. Help Please

Cant fix this CPU usage issue dce324a9-c2e5-44c5-80c4-dbfad7cbcb94?upload=true.jpg

:)

Peter _Bull, Apr 17, 2021

2. How fix 4-times-higher CPU usage at idle?

Yes, I have noticed negative effects on my PC's performance:

-Browsing is slower when I open multiple tabs rapidly. I do this a lot (I research multiple links in online articles).

-My PC gets much hotter, and stays hot--so much hotter that I have to turn it off.

After the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the 39% CPU usage screen shot of my Process Manager was when I was doing nothing--no browsing, word processing, etc. Before I took the screen shots, I closed all application programs. My machine was leveled out, as you better describe it (the screen shots were taken 5 minutes after my PC first leveled out). My PC is 39% CPU usage when leveled out; never lower.

Before the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, my PC was 10% CPU usage when it leveled out. And it stayed there.

1 other PC we have with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (same model as my PC) *HAS* the 39%-CPU-usage-at-idle problem.

2 other PCs we have with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (different brands) DO *NOT* HAVE the 39%-CPU-usage-at-idle problem. They have only 10% CPU usage at idle.

[NOTE I've no software to my PC after the Anniversary Update. My programs, etc. the are same as before.]

Any ideas on what to do to fix my high CPU usage?:
    -use Process Explorer? (how do I use it in this case?)
    -reinstall hardware drivers? (which ones?)
    -suspend certain services? (which ones?)

I've seen comments suggesting each of the above ideas. I need step-by-step instructions (ideally screen shots) for Process Explorer. For drivers & services, which do I try?

Any ideas on the above possible fixes OR better fixes for my high-CPU-at-idle problem? I'd really appreciate them

FuturePerfect, Apr 17, 2021
  3. How to fix high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker?

Hi Abhilash,

For us to isolate your concern with high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you checked in safe mode if it's the same?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Cant fix this CPU usage issue

Random CPU usage spikes

Hello,

User profile corruption can cause high CPU usage as it
    opens programs that are not necessary on the background
    . To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your computer to see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Cant fix this CPU usage issue

1. Cant fix this CPU usage issue - Similar Threads - Cant fix CPU

2. Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing wsappx high memory and CPU usage: I have seen this particular issue all over the internet. Mine started right after I converted my Windows 10 MBR drive to GPT. WSAPPX started randomly going as high as 12gb of memory usage and 100% CPU usage. Long story short, MY resolution was to disable the start-up "Send to...
  3. CPU Usage Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage Issues: I am trying to solve an issue where my cpu runs normally, then runs up to 95% usage for no reason, causing my computer to essentially stop working. The usage comes from AIService when looking at the task manager....
  4. CPU Usage Issues

CPU Usage Issues: I am trying to solve an issue where my cpu runs normally, then runs up to 95% usage for no reason, causing my computer to essentially stop working. The usage comes from AIService when looking at the task manager....
  5. High cpu usage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage issue: For the past week or so my cpu randomly goes to 100% usage and it causes my programs to freeze while that happens. The programs i found that are causing this is scvhost.exe and service host: state repository ... I dont know what to do to fix it so hopefully someone can help...
  6. High cpu usage issue

High cpu usage issue: For the past week or so my cpu randomly goes to 100% usage and it causes my programs to freeze while that happens. The programs i found that are causing this is scvhost.exe and service host: state repository ... I dont know what to do to fix it so hopefully someone can help...
  7. Minecraft high cpu usage. fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft high cpu usage. fix?: So whenever I launch the game, my cpu spikes to 90%+, and does the same when creating a new world. I know this is not normal because it didn't do this in previous versions. So until this gets patched or someone can tell me how to fix it, I'm not going to play it, cause I...
  8. Smartscreen.exe CPU issues fixed!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Smartscreen.exe CPU issues fixed!!: I’ve seen this problem posted around the internet, including this forum, but threads too old to respond to. I want to post this somewhere visible in hopes it will help someone googling for an answer. It would have saved me many hours. I have a P51 thinkpad. Smartscreen.exe...
  9. Low CPU usage issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low CPU usage issues: I only recently started paying attention to this when I laid down over 3k on this new PC I built earlier this year. I play high end games and do 3D Modeling with pretty large scenes. I have noticed that when I'm playing a game with modern graphics like Control/Horizon Zero...
  10. Fix lsass.exe terminated and High CPU or Disk usage issues

in Windows 10 News
    Fix lsass.exe terminated and High CPU or Disk usage issues: [ATTACH] LSASS.exe or Local Security Authority Subsystem Service is a process on Windows operating system. It is valuable in enforcing the security policy on the computer. When a user logs in to the Windows Server, it is responsible for handling the password changes [...]...