Windows 10: Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

Discus and support Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Recently when i start up my Computer which i am running Windows 10 on i get a black screen with a cursor, i have tried every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesFreeman9, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

Hello everyone. Recently when i start up my Computer which i am running Windows 10 on i get a black screen with a cursor, i have tried every troubleshooting option and even going into safe-mode to fix the problem but nothing has worked. How do i fix this problem?

:)

JamesFreeman9, Aug 8, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

1. Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor - Similar Threads - Can't fix black

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  4. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  5. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  7. Fix Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users of Windows 10 are experiencing a Black Screen with the cursor after they’ve logged in. What’s interesting about this problem, is the fact that while some users can only gain access to the Task Manager, others do not [...] This post Fix Windows 10...
  8. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...
  9. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix: Hello everyone ! As i had the Black screen with cursor problem on windows 10 boot several times before , i've visited many forums and supporters that i came up with many sollutions that one of them may definitely work for anyone experiencing this problem ... Alright so...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - Black screen, No cursor. Can't revert.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - Black screen, No cursor. Can't revert.: Okay so I stupidly decided to upgrade to Windows 10. I left the install going and went out. When I came home it was stuck on a black screen without a cursor. The problem I am facing now is, sometimes I can get the laptop to go to the system restore menu if I screw around...