Windows 10: Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; first time in awhile i needed to write a new SD Card Image Latest build of Raspbian for the Pi4, and a image of an Emulation project, "Pimiga" i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CaelThunderwing, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update

first time in awhile i needed to write a new SD Card Image Latest build of Raspbian for the Pi4, and a image of an Emulation project, "Pimiga" i thought maybe my images corrupted durring download as balena Etcher, and dotNet Disk Imager, both Fail to open the drive for writing. i try diffrent cards.. same Result. i try a different SD Adapter, Again same Result, i try redownloading em Pimiga i grabbed from a known safe backup i had, *again* same Result.. starting to think either im REALLY unlucky or something broke. *Restarts PC and boots back into 10* STILL fail to open the drive for Writ

:)

CaelThunderwing, Jul 20, 2021

2. Unable to view images in SD Card

Original title: 32gb SD Card

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

I suggest you to check the size of the SD drive and the size of the image in the SD drive. If there is any change in the size, the images might be hidden. So I suggest you to unhide the hidden files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/(copy and paste) the command below:
    attrib –h –r -s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the Last letter "D" by the drive letter as per the system

assigned for your flash drive)

3. Type Exit and press Enter.

Now open the SD card and check for the status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 not reading SD Cards

Hi,

Thank You for replying with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it in compatibility
      mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Method 3:

Please check if the Micro SD card is listed in disk management.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click on disk management
    • Check if the Micro SD card is listed
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update

Windows 10 does not recognize 128gb micro sd card

Hi Steve,

To better assist you, provide us with the following information:

• Do any other SD cards work on your Windows 10 laptop?
    • Have you tried checking if your Kingston SD10VG2 works on other computers? If not, we suggest you to do so.
    • Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this concern?

For possible resolution, check if the SD card is listed in Disk Management by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Disk Management.

3. Check if Kingston SD10VG2
    is listed.

If the SD card is not listed in Disk Management, we recommend you to check
    for an updated driver from the manufacturer and have the latest version installed. After ensuring that the correct driver is installed, check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update

1. Cant Flash SD Card images in Latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Cant Flash Card

2. SD Card Port failing to delete images.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD Card Port failing to delete images.: I will be grateful to whoever can help me...I am 81 and struggle a bit with computers...The SD Card port on my laptop is switched to delete the card after uploading it's images. It has always duly deleted but the other day, for no reason I understand, continues to upload the...
  3. Windows 10 SD CARD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SD CARD: Can you update Windows 10 with a SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sd-card/097be191-4914-4006-8d5e-647252425016
  4. Windows 10 image recovery from sd card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 image recovery from sd card: Guys, I have a question, how can I recover my hidden files/photos from my sd card using commands (or if necessary other methods)?, Please help, I've been trying for 5 hours now, with help of internet guides but I haven't gotten anything. submitted by /u/happyman50 [link]...
  5. I cant download sd card to computer windows 10

I cant download sd card to computer windows 10: I cant download sd card to computer. Its just stopped working and does not show any options to place the photos. I believe it has also ruined the sd card as I cant find anything on it when placed back into camera. I am not a camera buff, but have been able to download and...
  6. SD Cards and Windows 10

SD Cards and Windows 10: I just purchased this laptop. Already HATING windows 10. Can't seem to find a way to get it to read my SD cards. The system also crashes when surfing with Microsoft edge. This is so frustrating! Thinking of selling it and buy the one thing I hate more than windows 10, a MAC...
  7. Cant delete items on sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant delete items on sd card: I have several sd cards and I can open, copy and paste all items to my pc windows 10 but when I right click there is no delete option. The cards are not locked and I always used to be able to delete but the option has disappeared. I have tried to format them on the pc but I...
  8. Cant access USB or SD cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant access USB or SD cards: So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage. It tells me i need to access the security tab in the properties menu, but there isn't one. Have tried everything in the video linked, but doesnt work. As...
  9. How to install latest updates on my SD card.?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install latest updates on my SD card.?: I have an EW-200 model of Windows 10 Home, and I want to download and install the latest update but I don't have enough space on my internal storage. How can I install it on the micro sd card ?...
  10. I cant get windows 10 update to download on my SD card!

I cant get windows 10 update to download on my SD card!: I tried changing the default storage location but it still says not enough storage, but I've only used 1.21 Gigabytes and I have 29 Gigabytes. What should I do?...