Windows 10: Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11

Discus and support Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; used to be able to do a windows 10 folder search into contents of a pdf file ......... but now it cannot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mycal ho, Mar 5, 2024.

1. mycal ho Win User

Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11

used to be able to do a windows 10 folder search into contents of a pdf file ......... but now it cannot.

:)

mycal ho, Mar 5, 2024

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Mar 5, 2024
  3. MattBK Win User
    Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs

Brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11. It will not search text within PDF files. From looking on the internet seems like there are lots of problems Windows Search in Windows 11 which did not exist in Windows 10. Including not searching/indexing contents of PDF files, which is critical for me.

Has ANYONE been able to search within PDF files on Windows 11?

Please don't suggest re-indexing, have done 6 or 7 times. And, yes indexing settings are set to index contents of PDF files.

MattBK, Mar 5, 2024
  4. MattBK Win User

Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs

Respectfully, this is spectacularly, incredibly wrong Microsoft windows search and its predecessors have supported searching within files, including PDFs, for years. It certainly did (and does) in windows 10. Indeed, in windows 10 and 11 one of the options is to have Windows Search search within the file. The default windows search setting for PDF is "index file properties and content." And search does in Win 11 (at least for me) search fine within .docx and xlsx docs and I assume many other files.

But PDF searching is broken in Windows 11. Unbelievable that MS would do this. MS needs to fix this. First step is to acknowledge that this is a bug and a severe one in the OS.

MattBK, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

1. Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cant folder search

2. Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11: used to be able to do a windows 10 folder search into contents of a pdf file ......... but now it cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-folder-search-pdf-files-in-windows-11/0694a5d6-5ade-419d-a3e6-cf6106ffe8cf
  3. What's up with PDF search Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's up with PDF search Windows 11: I noticed Windows 11 Explorer was not finding content I searched for within a PDF. After rebuilding the index and checking that settings in both Indexing Options and Windows Explorer were correct I eventually changed iFilter provider from Sumatra to Adobe. I noticed an...
  4. What's up with PDF search Windows 11

What's up with PDF search Windows 11: I noticed Windows 11 Explorer was not finding content I searched for within a PDF. After rebuilding the index and checking that settings in both Indexing Options and Windows Explorer were correct I eventually changed iFilter provider from Sumatra to Adobe. I noticed an...
  5. unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder: I have a Windows 11 ThinkPad. I can preview almost any file type in windows folder.However, I am unable to preview PDF files in the windows 11 file folder.Please help me fix this problem. Thank you. Alfred...
  6. unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder

unable to preview PDF files in windows 11 file folder: I have a Windows 11 ThinkPad. I can preview almost any file type in windows folder.However, I am unable to preview PDF files in the windows 11 file folder.Please help me fix this problem. Thank you. Alfred...
  7. windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content: Computer is a few weeks old, recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. The file explorer search was working properly with Windows 10, and initially with Windows 11.I have another computer with Windows 11 initially installed that does not have this problem.I have deleted and...
  8. windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content

windows 11 file explorer does not search pdf content searches PDF titles and doc content: Computer is a few weeks old, recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. The file explorer search was working properly with Windows 10, and initially with Windows 11.I have another computer with Windows 11 initially installed that does not have this problem.I have deleted and...
  9. Search only searching contents in PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search only searching contents in PDF files: Hello, lately when I use File Explorer to search the contents of my Word documents, the search is not yielding any results apart from PDF files. I have tried every fix and update I have seen in the community and it has not fixed the problem. I'm running Windows 10 and this...
  10. Searching PDF's

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching PDF's: Hi, thanks for you help. I do a lot of research for topics in economics and philosophy. Many of the resources that I use are in the public domain. I am trying to find a convenient way to download this documents to my computer and maintain them in a searchable form. One of the...