Windows 10: Can't Forget Multiple Unknown WiFi Networks

Discus and support Can't Forget Multiple Unknown WiFi Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The wifi at my house is constantly getting interrupted and I believe it is because my PC is trying to connect to other networks when it doesn't need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HRHoward, Mar 13, 2020.

1. HRHoward Win User

Can't Forget Multiple Unknown WiFi Networks

The wifi at my house is constantly getting interrupted and I believe it is because my PC is trying to connect to other networks when it doesn't need to.

I've reset the router, flushed DNS updated driver and all of that and nothing has worked. I tried to get my PC to remove/forget the unwanted networks but they don't even show up for me to do that.

If I click on the wifi signal button on my taskbar, there are probably 10 or so networks but only 2 are actually for my house. The other 8 give no option for me to forget them or change the setting to automatically connect to them either from that menu or the wifi window in settings where they simply don't show up.

Even if I try to do it from the elevated command prompt, the only two that show up there are the 2 for my house...but the other 8 that I can still see from my taskbar aren't there either.

I have it to where only one of my home networks is set to automatically connect so it isn't bouncing between the two but it's still getting interrupted every 5 minutes or so.

I'm at a loss, honestly.

:)

HRHoward, Mar 13, 2020

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Phillip Roos, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Jenefer G Win User

Unknown networks

I have no 'forget' option. They are not known networks, so I can't manage them. They are listed when I select which network of mine I want to connect to, but there are 8-10 unknown networks that aren't mine. They are all checked with 'connect automatically'.
    How can I remove these unknown networks from my list?

Jenefer G, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Forget Multiple Unknown WiFi Networks - Similar Threads - Can't Forget Multiple

2. how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11: I need to create a guide on how to forget wireless networks in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-forget-wifi-network-in-microsoft-windows-11/a4b1619d-e322-4007-84f9-6989f6344659
  3. how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11: I need to create a guide on how to forget wireless networks in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-forget-wifi-network-in-microsoft-windows-11/a4b1619d-e322-4007-84f9-6989f6344659
  4. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  5. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  6. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  7. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

8. Help with forgetting wifi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with forgetting wifi network: Hi, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to log on to a wifi network that I my laptop is familiar with, but with a different username and password (I am a teaching intern and was using my teacher's profile, now I have my own). When I try to "forget" the network and...
  9. Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

Forgetting WIFI Network from GP: We've been experiencing a strange issue with our wireless settings being deployed through group policy. Computers will work fine and then suddenly disconnect from the wireless network and appear to forget the network. Plugging in and doing a gpupdate will fix it...
  10. Unknown WiFi network running in background.

Unknown WiFi network running in background.: Hello, I have my WiFi hotspot turned off in the settings but I still see an unknown hotspot network working. I don't know the details about that except the ones showed in the task manager. It turns off if I unplug my laptop or turn on the hotspot in the settings. I...