Windows 10: Can't format my Kingston usb.

Discus and support Can't format my Kingston usb. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used my usb to boot Ubuntu onto my laptop that I hoped that I could diagnose it but it didn't work. Now, I'd like to use of as a normal usb drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smyalygames, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Can't format my Kingston usb.

I used my usb to boot Ubuntu onto my laptop that I hoped that I could diagnose it but it didn't work.

Now, I'd like to use of as a normal usb drive but windows doesn't like formatting it...

I tried many methods to get it formatted but none of them worked.

Please tell me a way that would work, thank you!

:)

smyalygames, Dec 2, 2015

2. Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

I have a Dell Laptop and a Kingston 16 GB USB Drive and the when running the recover tool my drive was not found.

I did a format of the USB drive using NTFS and unchecking the option to quick format, this solved the issue.

NatalieGrace, Dec 2, 2015
  3. MNr 419 Win User
    USB is not formatiing

I have Kingston usb DTSE9 which is showing error while formating

MNr 419, Dec 2, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Can't format my Kingston usb.

Hi,

Have you tried using Diskpart from an admin command prompt to remove the Linux partition ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Yes, I have but when I do create partition primary, it gives me this long error message that I can't create the partition because it said that I've reached the limit to create primary partitions.

Thanks! *Smile

smyalygames, Dec 2, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Ok, on most USB thumb drives that's normal.
    While you can create multiple partitions on them you can only access and use the first one. You can't assign a drive letter to the other partitions which renders them de facto useless.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 2, 2015
  7. So that means that I can't use it anymore ir is there another way?

Thanks! *Smile

smyalygames, Dec 2, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

You can backup any data on that drive, remove all existing partitions and recreate a new one encompassing the entire drive if you like.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 2, 2015
  9. What program would you reccomend for that?

Thanks! *Smile

smyalygames, Dec 11, 2015
  10. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

For backing up I'd recommend Macrium Reflect Free.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't format my Kingston usb. - Similar Threads - Can't format Kingston

2. Can't use Kingston Cruzer Blade USB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use Kingston Cruzer Blade USB on windows 10: When I insert a Kingston Cruzer Blade USB flash drive, it shows has a full drive, letter "E" with little capacity, I've tried to use two different USB Cruzer Blade Flash drives, same issue on both but, when trying on a Kingston data traveler or other brands flash drives, the...
  3. Can't use Kingston Cruzer Blade USB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use Kingston Cruzer Blade USB on windows 10: When I insert a Kingston Cruzer Blade USB flash drive, it shows has a full drive, letter "E" with little capacity, I've tried to use two different USB Cruzer Blade Flash drives, same issue on both but, when trying on a Kingston data traveler or other brands flash drives, the...
  4. Can't use Kingston Cruzer Blade USB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Format: My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also...
  6. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  7. Can't format my HDD

Can't format my HDD: So i tried formatting my HDD trough cmd and the drives manager. Both don't let me do it. When i do it with cmd it says can't format drive with system-,crashdump-, upstartvolume. The only file i have on my HDD is the windowsApps file. When i factory reset my pc it doesn't...
  8. format usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format usb: why won't my empty 32 GB USB format how do i know it was formatted said it did but how do i tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-usb/81697e87-cc7a-4ab6-a13f-9190ecde2c3e
  9. Can't format Write-Protected USB

Can't format Write-Protected USB: I attempted to download a recovery image for my PC so I could reset it. I attempted to reset it from settings, and it said I needed a recovery media. So I downloaded the recovery media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Then I tried again, and...
  10. Can't format external USB drive.

Can't format external USB drive.: I am trying to format 2 partitions on an external 1TB USB3 drive. I had 2 ExFat partitions (partitions 6 and 7) which I have deleted and created 2 new ones using diskpart which I want to format NTFS. When I try to format them using disk management it hangs, explorer...