Windows 10: Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; USB Drives are notorious for being vulnerable to viruses and malware as it is constantly plugged into different computers. So, because of this, we may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10

USB Drives are notorious for being vulnerable to viruses and malware as it is constantly plugged into different computers. So, because of this, we may need to format the drive more often than not, but what if you are not able to do that? In this article, we are going to see some of the […]

This article Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 7, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10

Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

IF windows are not able to format USB drive then apply these manual steps as follows:
    First open run command box > Now, write diskpart and hit enter > Once
    Diskpart is open > Now writing the commands, one by one.
    Command 1: List disk
    [Now, it will list Disk 0 and Disk 1 in your PC. Clearly Disk 0 is your hard disk and Disk 1 is the USB flash drive.]
    Now, write the commands given below One by One.
    Command 2: Select disk
    Command 3: clean
    Command 4: create partition primary
    Command 5: active
    Command 6: select partition 1
    Command 7: format fs=fat32
    [In the above command fat32 is chosen as a file system, if you want to choose NTFS, you can choose that as well.]
    It will take time. Do not close the window before it's completed.
    This manual steps may help you to format the drive. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10

1. Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can’t format USB

2. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  3. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  4. Converting USB drive file format on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting USB drive file format on windows 10: I have recently had to reinstall windows on my PC and after inserting the drive with the media creation tool I had to convert my HDD file format to MBR through the cmd Diskpart in the installation interface. But I also accidentally converted my USB to MBR and couldn't install...
  5. Converting USB drive file format on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting USB drive file format on windows 10: I have recently had to reinstall windows on my PC and after inserting the drive with the media creation tool I had to convert my HDD file format to MBR through the cmd Diskpart in the installation interface. But I also accidentally converted my USB to MBR and couldn't install...
  6. 64GB usb pen can’t format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    64GB usb pen can’t format: I have a Lexar 64GB usb pen, which until recently worked perfectly. All of a sudden it now refuses to allow me to delete any files from it or format it, although I can write new files to it. I deleted the USB pen partition using Windows and Partition manager & recreated it,...
  7. Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to format USB drive in Windows 10: I am unable to format USB drive in Windows 10. Even when I tried copy paste few files from local drive, it is asking me admin permission. I tried same thing in other laptop having windows 7 and it works fine. In laptop having windows 10, I tried all possible ways which...
  8. Can't format USB drive in NTFS format

Can't format USB drive in NTFS format: I have a sandisk 128gig flashdrive its in exFAT, every time i try to re format it into NTFS format it gives me an error pop up saying "windows was unable to complete the format" i need it for the extra storage space, hope anyone knows the solution. please get back to me....
  9. Formatted USB Drive

Formatted USB Drive: I accidentally formatted a pen drive and was wondering is there any way that I can recover data & files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-usb-drive/9646d9c8-a251-44d1-8b1a-4b4132c5e0c1"
  10. Formating USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating USB drive: How can I format a USB memory to 2048 Byte size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-usb-drive/cb81e9aa-877a-4513-a175-81afae642744