Windows 10: Cant full screen some games and need help

Discus and support Cant full screen some games and need help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I know windows is not a gaming computer, but it’s the only computer I have so I like to play games on there, I downloaded some stuff, and there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kennyfoster6532, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Cant full screen some games and need help

So, I know windows is not a gaming computer, but it’s the only computer I have so I like to play games on there, I downloaded some stuff, and there would be a problem that I am running into, for some games there is a little box that full screens for you, but for most of my games, the box is grayed out and won’t let me full screen, the game itself will tell me to press F4 and when I would, the menu for multiple screen showing appears and not the full screen and it bothers me on not knowing how to full screen, if anyone could help me that would be great, thank you for your time.

submitted by /u/Kennyfoster6532
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kennyfoster6532, Feb 27, 2021

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Full screen games

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue. I need some more information to help you in better way.

• What is the game you are referring to?

• What is the make and model of computer?

I would suggest you to check whether the game is compatible with windows 10 or not.

In order to check the compatibility, I would suggest you to check with compatibility center link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home?Length=0

I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

3. Select "Compatibility" Tab. 

4. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select operating system from them drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Method 2:

If the issue persist download latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Cant full screen some games and need help

Black Screen when opening games

Hi Brendon,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, then suggest you to check with the game developers if they have released any updates for the game and install the same and check.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Cant full screen some games and need help

1. Cant full screen some games and need help - Similar Threads - Cant full screen

2. cant get to full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get to full screen: cant get to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-full-screen/bc38157e-27f2-4e8f-ba9b-6c8636566e7a
  3. cant get to full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get to full screen: cant get to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-full-screen/bc38157e-27f2-4e8f-ba9b-6c8636566e7a
  4. Need some help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help...: So I tried resetting a laptop that used to be my brother's. After it was all done it brought me to the login screen with the same User Account. I tried using the password associated with it and it gave me an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in." I found...
  5. Need some helpful help

Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  6. need some help

need some help: i have downloaded windows 10 for my mac (my mac is compatible as i have already checked) and i have got some folders that say (in order) - autorun.inf , boot , bootmgr , bootmgr.efi , efi , setpup.exe , sources , support . how do i launch windows 10? submitted by...
  7. Need some help :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some help :: Hi! I recently update my windows 10 and got this issue: Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. I followed this question first:...
  8. Full Screen Games!

Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  9. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  10. Mouse pointer is invisible in some full screen games. It works, but cant see it at all.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer is invisible in some full screen games. It works, but cant see it at all.......: Was feeling nostalgic and installed Red Alert 3: Uprising... it worked perfectly fine months ago, then i had to reboot everything in my laptop cos of severe malware intrusion. The cursor is visible when i launch the game, but once i moved it even a little bit, it...