Windows 10: Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass

Discus and support Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everybody, i've got a problem uninstall Xbox GamePass games on my PC: if i uninstall them from xbox app or from settings-app it doesn't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Razziatore9487, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass

Hi everybody, i've got a problem uninstall Xbox GamePass games on my PC: if i uninstall them from xbox app or from settings-app it doesn't really uninstall them. In my Asus Armoury Crate there is a games section that optimize the games installed in my pc, and it keeps finding them and can fully open them, so they are still there. When i open them for the first time after uninstalling them they re-appear also in the start menu.

I've also tried to remove all the temporary files, especially the optimized delivery i've also disabled that option, but no changes.

Of course i can't find the game directory because it's like a shadow folder.

How can i solve it?

Thank you.

:)

Razziatore9487, Mar 7, 2021

2. Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

After Uninstalling some games from gamepass i notice that the space on my drives did not change, so i went to the WindowsApps folder and i saw that the files from the game are still there, i tried to manually delete them but there's no way, it's impossible
    to get permission to do that, so i keep searching an solution and i found an command on PowerShell that would uninstall system apps, i tried that and it worked, but only for the games that were installed on the system drive (CCan't fully uninstall games from GamePass :) but i also have the same problem
    on the (DCan't fully uninstall games from GamePass :) drive and the command line doesn't seem to work for the files on the D: WindowsApps folder, it just says that the apps isn't find or installed, so here i am.

The command line is Remove-AppxPackage -Package (and then the full package name)

MichaelSilva47, Mar 7, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Program will not fully uninstall

One possible reason why you can't uninstall this program is because it's still running. You can have it stopped first (from running) before uninstalling. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key and type in "task manager"
    • Click on Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
    • Look for the app you want to uninstall. Right-click on it and tick on
      End task
    • After doing this so, try to uninstall the app.

Let us know the outcome of this suggestion.

John Sarc, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass

Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass

1. Can't fully uninstall games from GamePass - Similar Threads - Can't fully uninstall

2. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Gamepass did not fully uninstall a file from my external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepass did not fully uninstall a file from my external: So There is a file that says, "Windows App," on my external hard drive. It was created when I downloaded a game from Xbox Gamepass but I had to uninstall those games from that external hard drive because it made everything on my desktop disappear and made everything run...
  5. Can't download Gamepass games, and only gamepass games.

Can't download Gamepass games, and only gamepass games.: All of the sudden the other day, I can't install anything from gamepass. Through either the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store. I've reinstalled everything over powershell, I've reinstalled the gaming services, I've rebooted and reset the Xbox app, and use wsreset.exe multiple...
  6. My gamepass games got uninstalled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My gamepass games got uninstalled: I downloaded The Medium, Flight Simulator and some other games with Xbox Gamepass on PC, I played them with no issues, but today I tried to boot a game and it says I have no games installed on the Xbox app, and i can't find them on the start menu either. And the files are...
  7. Can't fully uninstall games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't fully uninstall games.: I have 3 or 4 games totaling over 200GB on my SSD that I have uninstalled through the control panel. They no longer show up under the xbox app, no longer under my apps/programs, no longer in the windows store, does not show up while using PowerShell as an administrator but...
  8. Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games from Windows Store / Gamepass not Uninstalling: After Uninstalling some games from gamepass i notice that the space on my drives did not change, so i went to the WindowsApps folder and i saw that the files from the game are still there, i tried to manually delete them but there's no way, it's impossible to get permission...
  9. Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?

Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem where while downloading/installing a game via PC Gamepass app, my PC froze and had to restart, game was at 25 GB from 96, since then when I acces microsoft store or gamepass app the game appears not installed and I have only the...
  10. Can't fully uninstall program

Can't fully uninstall program: I had a program that was giving me trouble, I tried to uninstall it from the control panel and also from settings/system/apps & features. It will not uninstall fully. The program has 486M for size but 66M is still in someplace. Trying to uninstall only goes halfway on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall gamepass