Windows 10: cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop

Discus and support cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; having all kinds of troubles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Craigblank, Mar 3, 2019.

1. cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop

having all kinds of troubles

:)

Craigblank, Mar 3, 2019

2. HOw do I hook up a 2nd monitor to this pc if there is only one monitor hookup on pc and no hdm cable slot?

Original title: 2nd monitor

I have a new desktop pc running windows 10. HOw do I hook up a 2nd monitor to this pc if there is only one monitor hookup on pc and no hdm cable slot?

JessThomason, Mar 3, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Mar 3, 2019
  4. cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop

2nd monitor is on but won't connect to laptop

2nd monitor is on but won't connect to laptop like is has been before the update. I need help to make it work.

Original title: 2nd monitor

MelonieBlanks, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop

1. cant get 2nd monitor to hook up to my laptop - Similar Threads - cant 2nd monitor

2. Cant detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant detect 2nd monitor: My computer has 1 hdmi port and 2 display ports. The display ports used to work but now cant recognize any monitor as being connected. I've tried many different cables and different monitors. I've updated the drivers and system. I can't figure out what's wrong.Device name...
  3. Cant detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant detect 2nd monitor: My computer has 1 hdmi port and 2 display ports. The display ports used to work but now cant recognize any monitor as being connected. I've tried many different cables and different monitors. I've updated the drivers and system. I can't figure out what's wrong.Device name...
  4. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  5. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  6. Hooking up dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hooking up dual monitors: System Windows 10 Home 64 bit I'm trying to hook dual monitors to my system. One monitor is a reasonably new BenQ hooked to the desktop with an HDMI cable. The other monitor is a an older Acer hooked to the desktop with a VGA cable. Setup works except for one problem. I want...
  7. Issue hooking up a 2nd monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue hooking up a 2nd monitor to my laptop: I have a 2nd monitor connected to my laptop via VGA or Serial cable not sure which it is. I have all of the settings correctly input, but the extended screen will not show up on both monitors laptop/secondary. It will only show on one or the other. Is there a patch or...
  8. Hook up monitor and TV from desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hook up monitor and TV from desktop: I can hook up my monitor or my tv individually. I can not get both to work at the same time. I have updated all software. I checked with NVIDIA and they say that this card should do both at the same time. I have windows 10....
  9. Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. I want to hook up an HP monitor to run as a second screen for work. The monitor came with a high speed USB cable. When I plug it into the laptop the screen on the monitor lights up with the HP logo and then goes black. When I do get...
  10. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...