Windows 10: Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB

Discus and support Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hy guys, on a UEFI PC Asus g752, a Windows 10 bootable usb is not recognized during boot time. The PC has Secure Boot Disabled and CS mode enabled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fixxinet, Jan 16, 2016.

1. fixxinet Win User

Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB

Hy guys, on a UEFI PC Asus g752, a Windows 10 bootable usb is not recognized during boot time. The PC has Secure Boot Disabled and CS mode enabled in the BIOS/UEFI.

The bootable USB was created using Rufus and I tried all options including MBR/UEFI and GPT/UEFI ,
    both using FAT32. I use the 90 Day Trial Windows 10 Enterprise available from microsoft.com.
    The option named "MBR for BIOS or UEFI-CSM" does not work neither with its difference being that it forces the USB into NTFS mode vs the other two options, which allow it stay in FAT32 ...

The UEFI Asus pc will not boot from that USB, using the "Flash" selection during boot and ends up in black screen with cursor blinking.. Also this same USB
    will not boot on a non-UEFI Dell laptop neither resulting in the same black screen with blinking cursor ...

Now, creating a bootable USB with the official Microsoft tool : MediaCreationToolx64 still cannot boot the UEFI Asus PC with the same blinking cursor result ... however it will boot the other non-UEFI Dell Laptop.

How can I create a bootable USB for that UEFI Asus PC ?

:)

fixxinet, Jan 16, 2016
  2. SX11 Win User

Hy guys, on a UEFI PC Asus g752, a Windows 10 bootable usb is not recognized during boot time. The PC has Secure Boot Disabled and CS mode enabled in the BIOS/UEFI.

The bootable USB was created using Rufus and I tried all options including MBR/UEFI and GPT/UEFI ,

both using FAT32. I use the 90 Day Trial Windows 10 Enterprise available from microsoft.com.

The option named "MBR for BIOS or UEFI-CSM" does not work neither with its difference being that it forces the USB into NTFS mode vs the other two options, which allow it stay in FAT32 ...

The UEFI Asus pc will not boot from that USB, using the "Flash" selection during boot and ends up in black screen with cursor blinking.. Also this same USB

will not boot on a non-UEFI Dell laptop neither resulting in the same black screen with blinking cursor ...

Now, creating a bootable USB with the official Microsoft tool : MediaCreationToolx64 still cannot boot the UEFI Asus PC with the same blinking cursor result ... however it will boot the other non-UEFI Dell Laptop.

How can I create a bootable USB for that UEFI Asus PC ?

3. Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are trying to boot Windows Enterprise version, This issue is better suited in TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permission to help you with this issue. So I suggest
    you to post the same query in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

For further assistance related to Windows feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB - Similar Threads - Can't UEFI boot

2. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  3. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  4. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR bootable usb in UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,A moment ago I changed from Legacy mode to UEFI mode so I've Windows 10 bootable MBR USB, will it work on UEFI or need to convert USB to GPT?...
  6. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR bootable usb in UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,A moment ago I changed from Legacy mode to UEFI mode so I've Windows 10 bootable MBR USB, will it work on UEFI or need to convert USB to GPT?...
  7. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

8. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  9. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  10. Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.: In preparation for selling it, I tried to wipe the hard drive of my Toshiba X-70. This computer I think has a demon in it because it's given me every problem imaginable. First it got caught in the 46% loop. I fixed that by editing the registry. Now it's caught in the 64%...