Windows 10: Cant get Adhoc wifi to work

Discus and support Cant get Adhoc wifi to work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Win10 laptop has inbuilt wifi but the specs preclude setting up a private adhoc network (why would they do that?) so I have disabled that device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rosslockwood, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Cant get Adhoc wifi to work

My Win10 laptop has inbuilt wifi but the specs preclude setting up a private adhoc network (why would they do that?) so I have disabled that device and installed a USB wifi dongle. It appears in the network connections panel as another wifi device but with a status of "not connected".

I have an active internet connect through ether-net, and I can turn on internet connection sharing through mobile hotspot, which opens a virtual Local Area Connection, but it doesnt seem to activate the physical hardware. You can see the laptop as a wifi device on other wireless machines like my iphone, but you cannot connect to it, and the wifi dongle remains "not connected" in the connections panel. This is confusing me!

What am I missing?

What I want to do is enable sharing data from my nav program OpenCPN, with other nav programs on protable devices like my phone using iSailor. Both these programs allow TCP connections to be made to receive this data, but until I can get a connection up I can't get this to happen.

:)

rosslockwood, Apr 3, 2019

2. ADHOC wifi capability

When start to be my WP Lumia 520 compatible with ADHOC WIFI wireless signal???

ADHOC_WIFI, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Windows 8 phone connection to adhoc Wifi Network

I have created an adhoc Wifi network on my Mac that uses WEP encryption. When I try to connect to it using my Windows 8 phone, Lumia 820, I don't see the wifi network available. How can i get this working ? Does Winows phone 8 support WEP encryption ?
    Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Avinash Pothula, Apr 3, 2019
  4. happy_jon Win User

Cant get Adhoc wifi to work

WiFi Adhoc Network Connection

Can someone please tell me how to connect to an adhoc Wifi network using a Nokia E7

Everytime I try it says the Feature is Not Supported. Which is weird.

happy_jon, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Cant get Adhoc wifi to work

1. Cant get Adhoc wifi to work - Similar Threads - Cant Adhoc wifi

2. Wifi and Ethernet dont work. Cant fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Ethernet dont work. Cant fix.: I've tried everything.So pretty much i can still use ethernet and Wi-Fi but ethernet won't stop identifying and Wi-Fi will connect me but says Secured, No connection. When I try pinging my IP address it says destination hosts unreachable. I used ipconfig/all and it says media...
  3. Wifi and Ethernet dont work. Cant fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Ethernet dont work. Cant fix.: I've tried everything.So pretty much i can still use ethernet and Wi-Fi but ethernet won't stop identifying and Wi-Fi will connect me but says Secured, No connection. When I try pinging my IP address it says destination hosts unreachable. I used ipconfig/all and it says media...
  4. cant get minecraft launcher to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get minecraft launcher to work: i tried to download the minecraft launcher from the microsoft store and when i try to open it it says its updating and the progress bar freezes.when i try to hit 'close' it wont and just stays open. ive tried restarting my laptop and reopening it but it still does the same...
  5. cant get my wifi to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant get my wifi to connect: i have a new orbi wifi everything connects to it but my new hp computer wont https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-wifi-to-connect/7986d5ee-e537-4b02-96d7-905763d4b744
  6. Better adhoc/hotspot drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Better adhoc/hotspot drivers?: Been playing with streaming steamVR to my quest lately and have been fiddling with using a 5ghz hotspot. It works well but it has periods of chugging and hiccups that I don't get when using my phone hotspot. I took a look and saw that the drivers are from 2006! Is there an...
  7. wifi getting disconnected and not working

wifi getting disconnected and not working: whenever i am playing online games like Rainbow six siege or GTA-V , my wifi is getting disconnected and its not showing any nearby wifi connection and when i check the intel WIFI adapter it's showing code-10 error and unless i reset my pc this problem is not going, plz help...
  8. Cant get eathernet to work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant get eathernet to work.: For some reason my eathernet cable is not working I know the router and modem are working fine, the cable its self works I have tried a bunch of fixes on the computer itself and I just dont know why it's not working because it was working perfectly just two hours ago at a...
  9. cant get camera to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get camera to work: camera is installed but is not functioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-camera-to-work/527095a0-0838-4daf-8255-7caa0387efbb
  10. Changing the wifi channel of a adhoc windows 10 hosted network

Changing the wifi channel of a adhoc windows 10 hosted network: I have created a ad-hoc network from windows 10, I have been using it for almost a year with no complications. Recently I bought a cheap laptop and installed cloudready, for some reason it can't recognize wireless channel 1 but can recognize 6. So I wanted to change the...