Windows 10: cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop

Discus and support cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying this for a while, but I can't seem to get Alt-tab to show the windows on the current desktop. I've tried the tutorial here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nathanielsaxe, Aug 16, 2015.

1. cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop

Hi,

I've been trying this for a while, but I can't seem to get Alt-tab to show the windows on the current desktop. I've tried the tutorial here: ALT+TAB - Show Windows Open on Desktops in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.

Initially it was set to show only on the desktop I'm using, but that wasn't working, so I changed it to all desktop, restarted, still the same alt tab behaviour. I then changed it to only on the desktop i'm using, restarted and it still hasn't changed.

I've even tried running the bat files and restarting after running the bat files but still nothing.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Or have any ideas to solve it?

:)

nathanielsaxe, Aug 16, 2015
  2. TJSteen Win User

Show desktop windows 10

How do I minimize a full screen game to show my desktop? In previous versions of windows you could alt+tab or win+D or even just hit the windows key. Now the windows key does nothing, win+d does nothing and alt+tab switches between open windows. If you
    only have 1 program open that is fullscreen, alt+tab will be of no help. I am currently holding alt+tab then clicking on chrome just to open a new program so i can minimize the game.

TJSteen, Aug 16, 2015
  3. desktop is not listed in Ctrl+Tab toggle

Hello,

In windows 10 there is a new feature in which you can create multiple desktops.

Use Windows + Tab to get the desktop list.

You may select the desktop and configure according to your needs.

Alt+Tab can be used for switching between the open applications.

Windows +D will minimize all the current tab and you should be able to see the desktop.

Regards,

Nikhil

NikhilPosting, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop

1. cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop - Similar Threads - cant ALT+TAB show

2. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  3. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  4. Cant Alt + Tab to desktop on windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Alt + Tab to desktop on windows 11 now?: I had a problem with my storage so I had to reinstall windows and now for some reason I cant alt tab to my desktop. I am on windows 11 and I was on windows 11 before I had to reinstall. I was able to do it before but I cant now. Im not to sure why and how to sort it out. It...
  5. Cant Alt + Tab to desktop on windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Alt + Tab to desktop on windows 11 now?: I had a problem with my storage so I had to reinstall windows and now for some reason I cant alt tab to my desktop. I am on windows 11 and I was on windows 11 before I had to reinstall. I was able to do it before but I cant now. Im not to sure why and how to sort it out. It...
  6. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  7. Show only the current monitor's windows in Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show only the current monitor's windows in Alt+Tab: I have my laptop plugged in to my external monitor and I pin a window on my laptop just to glance at my calendar. As a result, I do not want it to show up when I Alt+Tab. Instead, I only want the windows on my external monitor to show up when I Alt+Tab. At the moment, windows...
  8. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  9. ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu: Hello! Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize all my crap and switch to desktop with ALT+TAB (got to use WINKEY + D) Also any ideas how to get charms menu to appear from...
  10. Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10: How to: Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10 How to Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch...