Windows 10: cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop

Discus and support cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying this for a while, but I can't seem to get Alt-tab to show the windows on the current desktop. I've tried the tutorial here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nathanielsaxe, Aug 16, 2015.

1. cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop

Hi,

I've been trying this for a while, but I can't seem to get Alt-tab to show the windows on the current desktop. I've tried the tutorial here: ALT+TAB - Show Windows Open on Desktops in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.

Initially it was set to show only on the desktop I'm using, but that wasn't working, so I changed it to all desktop, restarted, still the same alt tab behaviour. I then changed it to only on the desktop i'm using, restarted and it still hasn't changed.

I've even tried running the bat files and restarting after running the bat files but still nothing.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Or have any ideas to solve it?

:)

nathanielsaxe, Aug 16, 2015
  2. TJSteen Win User

Show desktop windows 10

How do I minimize a full screen game to show my desktop? In previous versions of windows you could alt+tab or win+D or even just hit the windows key. Now the windows key does nothing, win+d does nothing and alt+tab switches between open windows. If you
    only have 1 program open that is fullscreen, alt+tab will be of no help. I am currently holding alt+tab then clicking on chrome just to open a new program so i can minimize the game.

TJSteen, Aug 16, 2015
  3. desktop is not listed in Ctrl+Tab toggle

Hello,

In windows 10 there is a new feature in which you can create multiple desktops.

Use Windows + Tab to get the desktop list.

You may select the desktop and configure according to your needs.

Alt+Tab can be used for switching between the open applications.

Windows +D will minimize all the current tab and you should be able to see the desktop.

Regards,

Nikhil

NikhilPosting, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop

1. cant get ALT+TAB to show windows open on current desktop - Similar Threads - cant ALT+TAB show

2. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?: I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled. Win + D...
  3. ALT+TAB window previews are getting stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB window previews are getting stuck: Hello, I am on windows 10 and I have been for a while, but this has only just recently occurred in the last day. Whenever I press ALT+TAB to switch windows, normally when I release the keys it will switch to the window highlighted, however recently when I release...
  4. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  5. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  6. ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu: Hello! Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize all my crap and switch to desktop with ALT+TAB (got to use WINKEY + D) Also any ideas how to get charms menu to appear from...
  7. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...
  8. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...
  9. Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10: Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop 4764
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798