Windows 10: Can't get an internet connection

Discus and support Can't get an internet connection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just bought a laptop and I can't get an internet connection* Moved from Insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kareena talley, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Can't get an internet connection

Just bought a laptop and I can't get an internet connection* Moved from Insider

:)

kareena talley, Dec 1, 2022

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 1, 2022
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Can't get an internet connection

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Can't get an internet connection

1. Can't get an internet connection - Similar Threads - Can't internet connection

2. Can't get an internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get an internet connection: Just bought a laptop and I can't get an internet connection* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-an-internet-connection/cac9ef8f-d53e-4698-b2cf-c94f9b767328
  3. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  4. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  5. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Hello everyoneI am having trouble connecting to the internet on my PC after some digging, it says my ipv6 is connected but ipv4 is not running on ethernet so i can connect to websites like google youtube outlook microsoft store but no smaller sites like reddit, or most...
  7. can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't connect to internet: sometimes when i use my acer laptop, the wifi icon is randomly a little sphere thing and it can't find any wifi networks at all. after i restart my computer, it goes back to the wifi icon and automatically connects to my home wifi. i've tried troubleshooting when it's in that...
  8. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cant connect through wifi or ethernet chord Both are enabled Network not being blocked by firewall Network discovery is turned on A long line 4 dashes and another long line under network status Troubleshoot says it can't find the problem...
  9. Can't connect to network or can't get internet

Can't connect to network or can't get internet: I just switched my Internet provider. Previously, I had no connection issues. have two iPhones, and iPad and an HP laptop running Windows 10. All devices except the laptop use the 5G connection provided. The laptop requires the 2G connection. The laptop will either not...
  10. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Ever since I got my computer (which came with Windows 10), I've had trouble connecting to the internet. Every time I shut down and start it up again, it's never online even though I'm using a cat 5 cable hooked directly to the source. My laptop can connect wirelessly, so...