Windows 10: Can't get anything to print anymore.

Discus and support Can't get anything to print anymore. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer can no longer print. Other computers in my house can successfully print and I used to be able to print so I know the printer works. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jlmatta2, Dec 15, 2020.

1. jlmatta2 Win User

Can't get anything to print anymore.

My computer can no longer print. Other computers in my house can successfully print and I used to be able to print so I know the printer works. Then I started getting the message that the printer was Offline. So I removed the printer and tried to add it again but now I get an error message that says:

The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable.
    I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps that HP suggests and also the steps that this forum suggests but nothing works. I am on Windows 10 and trying to print to an HP 8610.

:)

jlmatta2, Dec 15, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Can't get anything to print anymore.

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't get anything to print anymore.

1. Can't get anything to print anymore. - Similar Threads - Can't anything print

2. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  3. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  4. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't run anything as admin anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run anything as admin anymore: [ATTACH] Help! Whenever I try to run something as an admin, the UAC pops up but there's no field to enter the admin password so it doesn't work. I can't even turn UAC on because I get a popup but same problem... Any idea? Build: 19042.870...
  6. Can't update anything anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update anything anymore: So my PC was trying to upgrade to version 2004 recently. I have been running Windows 10 since I got this PC, no issues at all, version 1909 currently. But now it suddenly says "This PC can't run Windows 10" And that it doesn't support UEFI or something. My SSD is apparently...
  7. can't get my emails anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get my emails anymore: my email says out of date when i try to fix it nothing happens then i go to manage account to change password and it is not there so i can't change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-emails-anymore/c20111f7-65cc-454d-b5ad-d5698fa0b5af
  8. Can't get a print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get a print: I was just revising a six month old document and tried to get a print out and it won't print. When it didn't print after a few tries, I noticed it says 'compatibility mode'?? I don't know if that is stopping it from printing or not??...
  9. Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't take screenshot with print screen anymore: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  10. I cannot get print preview anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot get print preview anymore: I have lost my print preview how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-print-preview-anymore/43926f01-013b-488b-a349-ed513f3f7ab0