Windows 10: Can't get back into Win 10 after HP Bios Update

Discus and support Can't get back into Win 10 after HP Bios Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; HP just installed new BIOS [driver, etc.] and now my pc is useless. The log in "PIN" screen appeared and I was told that due to security issues I had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Old_hand, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Old_hand Win User

Can't get back into Win 10 after HP Bios Update

HP just installed new BIOS [driver, etc.] and now my pc is useless. The log in "PIN" screen appeared and I was told that due to security issues I had to use my MSN Password. It appeared to accept that "OK" but then went back to the same message, I clicked on reset PIN and now I've just got a blank screen with only the mouse cursor doing anything. I haven't switched off at the mains in case I interrupt some invisible activity. On HP's advice page all they do is go on about backing up and other stuff that isn't available. They say the issue is with Win 10 [this advice was 2016].

:)

Old_hand, Aug 14, 2019

2. Bios update

I have an HP e9280t with an old BIOS 2010. I have installed Win 10 Pro 64 bit and got an update for the BIOS from HP, but when I try to install it Win 10 will not let me. (Something about" blocked for your protection. Publisher not trusted")

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin Desmery, Aug 14, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Can't get back into Win 10 after HP Bios Update

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't get back into Win 10 after HP Bios Update

1. Can't get back into Win 10 after HP Bios Update - Similar Threads - Can't Bios Update

2. I'm getting the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after BIOS update Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after BIOS update Win 11: Hello guys,I've been playing emulated games for the last 2 months on a DELL G15 Ryzen Edition, and all of a sudden I'm getting this VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR for no apparent reason. The only thing I remember is two days ago, getting a BIOS update warning, which I accepted as...
  3. I'm getting the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after BIOS update Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after BIOS update Win 11: Hello guys,I've been playing emulated games for the last 2 months on a DELL G15 Ryzen Edition, and all of a sudden I'm getting this VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR for no apparent reason. The only thing I remember is two days ago, getting a BIOS update warning, which I accepted as...
  4. Can’t get back into pc after bios update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get back into pc after bios update: I updated my bios about an hour ago and since it has rebooted, my pin says “Set up pin” when I click it nothing happens. When I access advanced start up options and select system restore it asks me for the password to the account without a pin. I have tried using the password...
  5. Can’t get back into pc after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get back into pc after bios update: I updated my bios about an hour ago and since it has rebooted, my pin says “Set up pin” when I click it nothing happens. When I access advanced start up options and select system restore it asks me for the password to the account without a pin. I have tried using the password...
  6. Can’t get back into pc after bios update

7. Can't get to bios or windows after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to bios or windows after windows update.: Can't get to bios or windows after windows update. Hangs and says hit F1 to enter and fix the bios. However to get at the bios normally I should hit f2 or del. But that doesn't work either....
  8. Can't get to bios or windows after windows update.

Can't get to bios or windows after windows update.: Can't get to bios or windows after windows update. Hangs and says hit F1 to enter and fix the bios. However to get at the bios normally I should hit f2 or del. But that doesn't work either....
  9. Can't get to bios or windows after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. New HP Bios updated back to S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New HP Bios updated back to S mode: New HP Bios updated back to S mode. Was working great first couple of days then Bios update and can't get it out of s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hp-bios-updated-back-to-s-mode/95d1fe43-2273-4d63-a8ca-eddf5355f912