Windows 10: Can't Get Boot to BIOS

Discus and support Can't Get Boot to BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can press Esc key on my laptop or F8 on my desktop and access my BIOS Quick Boot menu. That menu will let me boot from a USB thumb drive for that one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevek50, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Can't Get Boot to BIOS

I can press Esc key on my laptop or F8 on my desktop and access my BIOS Quick Boot menu. That menu will let me boot from a USB thumb drive for that one boot. Even with the BIOS Fast Boot option enabled. The laptop is UEFI the desktop legacy BIOS.

alphanumeric, Sep 5, 2015
  2. essenbe Win User

If I enable fast boot in the bios of my desktop, the logo never shows up, so I can't get into bios. I can get there if I boot from a cold boot, some of the time.

essenbe, Sep 5, 2015
  3. WhyMe Win User
    But only if you click that button as fast as you can, as if your life depended on it. And even then it's like pretty random whether it works or not lol

WhyMe, Sep 5, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Can't Get Boot to BIOS

i have a acer desktop ,and it its set tofast boot i can still get in ,i just have to start hitting the DEL key before i hit the power button,when in there i then turn on the F12 boot function key (just to have the different bot option )thats turned off in a lot of bios's now

caperjack, Sep 5, 2015
  5. stevek50 Win User
    Hey guys... THANKS to all of you who have offered suggestions/help/etc!!!!!

Let's see... one said "system not verified". True... it's a friend's system and he screwed up "his first try" for Win10... so I restored back to factory... which was Win7. Doubt if he ran a Win10 test.

He then downloaded Win10 again... and that's where he ran into "black screen"... which I found the 2nd video card... google's, found several suggestions, FLAG+P and (blindly) down-arrow/Enter returned the video back (think I set it to dual-monitors??) Anyway... point to BIOS was to disable the onboard video...

Responding to the pictures... I've gotten into those screens... BUT... it does NOT come up with "UEFI" choice... can't see THAT screen right now (returned PC a bit ago) but it had something to do with "additional troubleshooting" which only wanted to run me towards SYSTEM RESET, more troubleshooting or power down.

Anyway, still looking for a way to get into this/any PCs BIOS... so I can help him next time. I have a Win10 laptop in garage... I'll pull that out tomorrow and see if IT will produce that UEFI choice. Of course, if it does... and his doesn't... then I'm really screwed.

Thanks again!!! Any/ALL help is truly appreciated on my end!!
    Steve

stevek50, Sep 6, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Are you installed in UEFI Mode? I was watching an Asus video of the BIOS settings for UEFI with my board and it always showed the logo and had fast boot enabled. I am installed in Legacy right now, and was just wondering if that is another difference with UEFI.

essenbe, Sep 6, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    Yup, I'm in UEFI mode on the mobo in my sig. With Fast Boot enabled, I see the logo but then Windows starts booting in a tiny fraction of second. No POST, no boot order selection options, no bios options, no nothing. Just zoom, straight into Windows...Hence the reason it is turned...

I'm just scared....Don't want to end up needing surgery every time I want to change something in the BIOS...The wife took this video of me last week:

Can't Get Boot to BIOS [​IMG]

WhyMe, Sep 6, 2015
  8. godface9 Win User

Can't Get Boot to BIOS

This worked for me, thank you

godface9, Nov 20, 2016
  9. I read somewhere that Windows 10 shuts down to a Standby mode - from which you cannot get to the BIOS (as it is permanently in Windows). To get around this, I push the on/off switch for 5+ seconds until the machine shuts right down, then when it is turned on it starts from the BIOS and the BIOS can now be entered by hitting the appropriate button/s.

Mangoeater2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Get Boot to BIOS

1. Can't Get Boot to BIOS - Similar Threads - Can't Boot BIOS

2. Can't get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get into BIOS: Hello, I've run into this problem. Until recently, my laptop Acer nitro 5 an515-44 had two operating systems windows and linux. At one point, due to my stupidity, I cleared the partition in which there was linux, later I needed to go into the BIOS, but when it is turned on,...
  3. Can't get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get into BIOS: Hello, I've run into this problem. Until recently, my laptop Acer nitro 5 an515-44 had two operating systems windows and linux. At one point, due to my stupidity, I cleared the partition in which there was linux, later I needed to go into the BIOS, but when it is turned on,...
  4. Can't get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't: I downloaded something on my laptop and noticed some very obvious signs I'd gotten a virus, so I shut it down and got a windows installation on a USB to wipe it clean. Only problem is I can't seem to get into the BIOS when I start it, no keys to get in show when it's...
  6. Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to boot into bios to get rid of virus, but can't: I downloaded something on my laptop and noticed some very obvious signs I'd gotten a virus, so I shut it down and got a windows installation on a USB to wipe it clean. Only problem is I can't seem to get into the BIOS when I start it, no keys to get in show when it's...
  7. Can't boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into BIOS: Fast boot is turned off. Every time I boot there is no screen until the login screen, the screen remains in standby. Even mashing the keys to get into the BIOS leaves me on a dead screen or just ignores it and boots into Windows. submitted by /u/-EUROBEAT- [link]...
  8. CAN'T BOOT INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN'T BOOT INTO BIOS: Hi. I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 to my Acer Aspire A515-52, running Windows 10, but I cannot Boot into the Bios, I tried repeatelly pressing the F2, F12 and even the delete Keys and nothing. Please help...
  9. Can't Boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into BIOS: I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck... Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using Ryzen power plan. When I first built this board I turned off the annoying MSI BIOS splash screen on startup, and now I guess...
  10. Can't get into the Bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get into the Bios: I have a Gateway NE56R52u that I upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and I can't get into the Bios. I've been on google all afternoon and tried everything but no luck. I have a HP desktop that I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and I can get into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get to windows from bios windowsreport