Windows 10: Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password

Discus and support Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Is there anyone who can assist? I have a client who has no clue what her microsoft windows 10 sign in password is... According to her, she has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Clint Vorster, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password

Hi,

Is there anyone who can assist? I have a client who has no clue what her microsoft windows 10 sign in password is... According to her, she has never had to sign in previously... I try sign and say forgot password to get a verification code so that I can change the password, but no code is forthcoming from microsoft... I have checked junkmail settings, I can't use alternate verification methods as she doesn't know of any previous passwords and microsoft won't let you speak to a human... All I want is for them send me a verification code so that I can change the password... How difficult can this be? Does anybody know how I can get around this problem so that woman can access her laptop again? Thanks in advance...

:)

Clint Vorster, Sep 11, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126#bookmark-third

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126#bookmark-third

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password

1. Can't get code to reset forgotten microsoft password - Similar Threads - Can't code reset

2. Reset forgotten Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset forgotten Windows password: Trying to reset a W11 password, which requires remembering the old one. I've using NIPs and an autologin for a long time. Knowing and changing my Microsoft account passwords does nothing. If I go to the login screen the option to resets points to a random drive with no info...
  3. Not able to reset forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to reset forgotten password: My sister has forgotten her password to her Microsoft Account. When she tries to reset the password she first receives a code via E-Mail and then needs to answer some Security questions. Then she is told that the information she gave aren‘t enough to reset her password. Is...
  4. Not able to reset forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to reset forgotten password: My sister has forgotten her password to her Microsoft Account. When she tries to reset the password she first receives a code via E-Mail and then needs to answer some Security questions. Then she is told that the information she gave aren‘t enough to reset her password. Is...
  5. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Problem and password forgotten: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  6. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Problem and password forgotten: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  7. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open: I recently had to change my local Windows password and Windows Hello PIN. I'd like to update my Windows password recovery USB, but I can't get the "Forgotten Password Wizard" to open on the control panel. How do I get it to open?...
  9. Reset administrator, forgotten password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset administrator, forgotten password.: Have forgotten my administrator password. Will a factory reset resolve the issue? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-administrator-forgotten-password/85b5b9df-5a6f-48af-bfee-4bfbfc7d1d6d
  10. Not Getting Code for Password Reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not Getting Code for Password Reset: Hi, I got a notification message on my Hotmail client that I needed to fix my account. I tried to log in to my microsoft account, and the password was rejected. I know that I typed it in correctly. So, I then tried to perform a password reset. I requested a reset code...