Windows 10: can't get computer memory card port to work

Discus and support can't get computer memory card port to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got an ASUS computer with a internal memory card port. I've got Windows 10. The port used to come up in file explorer, but doesn't now. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StanTurley, Sep 15, 2019.

1. can't get computer memory card port to work

I've got an ASUS computer with a internal memory card port. I've got Windows 10. The port used to come up in file explorer, but doesn't now. When I insert the memory card to download my photos, it keeps saying to insert disk. How do I get my memory card port to work again?

:)

StanTurley, Sep 15, 2019

2. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Johnny andre, Sep 15, 2019
  3. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

นทีเรืองปะคำ, Sep 15, 2019
  4. can't get computer memory card port to work

sd card port not working cant upload pics

Hello,

As you are facing issues with accessing SD card on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the SD card?

This might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated port drivers. As a workaround try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect different SB card to the port and check if it is detected. This will let us know if the issue is with SD card or the port.

Also, if you are using SD card reader connected to the port to access SD card try to connect to different ports as well.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand the SD card/ USB ports drivers, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

can't get computer memory card port to work

1. can't get computer memory card port to work - Similar Threads - can't computer memory

2. SD card and USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card and USB ports stopped working: I know. This has been a common problem in the past, but it just started today for me. I've set the computer to a restore point on a date when the SD card slot automatically opened a download window into Photoshop Bridge. I've read a few of the MS problem reports on this...
  3. Memory Cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory Cards: I have DDR4 2400 and 2600 hundred in 8 GB cards. I need to return 2 2400 cards to another computer and pass it to my son/ I will need 2 8 GIG 2600 to get me back to 32 Gigs. Amazon search brings up 2666 -- sorry for lost info on my cut -out. Too late to get an answer...
  4. is my firewire port card working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is my firewire port card working?: I'm using an HP Z220 SFF Workstation, using Window 10 I went through a lot of trial and error with help from a generous microsoft guy here, to figure out how to get drivers for a Syba SD-PEX30009 firewire port card that I recently installed; what we think finally worked was...
  5. can't get firewire port card to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't get firewire port card to work: I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers,...
  6. firewire port card

firewire port card: I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers,...
  7. Card reader & 2 USB ports not working.

Card reader & 2 USB ports not working.: Hi, I've installed again latest drivers of USB and Card Reader. But my 2 usb ports of right side and card reader aren't working. The other 2 USB ports are working. This started happening after installing windows updates of couple of months ago. Kindly tell me how to fix...
  8. memory card port/ usb ports not recognized

memory card port/ usb ports not recognized: I have been having issues when trying to upload or move files, pics, anything from a memory card and my USB ports. some show on one of the usb ports but not all the time. HELP....FRUSTRATED...
  9. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  10. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136