Windows 10: can't get computer memory card port to work

Discus and support can't get computer memory card port to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got an ASUS computer with a internal memory card port. I've got Windows 10. The port used to come up in file explorer, but doesn't now. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StanTurley, Sep 15, 2019.

1. can't get computer memory card port to work

I've got an ASUS computer with a internal memory card port. I've got Windows 10. The port used to come up in file explorer, but doesn't now. When I insert the memory card to download my photos, it keeps saying to insert disk. How do I get my memory card port to work again?

:)

StanTurley, Sep 15, 2019

2. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Johnny andre, Sep 15, 2019
  3. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

นทีเรืองปะคำ, Sep 15, 2019
  4. can't get computer memory card port to work

sd card port not working cant upload pics

Hello,

As you are facing issues with accessing SD card on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the SD card?

This might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated port drivers. As a workaround try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect different SB card to the port and check if it is detected. This will let us know if the issue is with SD card or the port.

Also, if you are using SD card reader connected to the port to access SD card try to connect to different ports as well.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand the SD card/ USB ports drivers, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

can't get computer memory card port to work

1. can't get computer memory card port to work - Similar Threads - can't computer memory

2. Can't get into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get into computer: Windows 10 just updated and now I can't get into my computer. I've been working on the problem for over an hour. I've tried both emails and changed my password and still can't get in. This is my work computer and I'm going crazy trying everything I can think of to get in....
  3. Memory card storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory card storage: The memory card storage on my Lenovo Ideapad 110 isn't being seen any more; how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-card-storage/0ce2a455-036e-4796-a3cb-e6a832a68cda"
  4. Memory Card reader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Card reader: The memory card reader on my Toshiba Satellite laptop has stopped working for no apparent reason. The Windows 10 troubleshooter couldn't find a fault, tells me the device is working OK - but it isn't. Would appreciate any advice to resolve this problem. Thanks....
  5. memory card port/ usb ports not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    memory card port/ usb ports not recognized: I have been having issues when trying to upload or move files, pics, anything from a memory card and my USB ports. some show on one of the usb ports but not all the time. HELP....FRUSTRATED...
  6. Memory card reader

Memory card reader: This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...
  7. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  8. USB ports and memory card reader stopped working

USB ports and memory card reader stopped working: My usb ports and memory card reader stopped working...they were fine yesterday. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-ports-and-memory-card-reader-stopped-working/3bda3bbd-9d73-4387-8807-a44968f02136
  9. use memory card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....
  10. Memory Card Mystery

Memory Card Mystery: I loaded a digital camera with a LExar SD card I had previously used in a Sony voice recorder. When I've done this at other times with other cameras, the camera added a DCIM folder and put its images there. But this time, when I transferred the card to my desktop PC's reader....