Windows 10: Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the...

Discus and support Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the Browser has Disabled it. Firefox. So how do I fix this? Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OrigonalGhostCat, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the...

Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the Browser has Disabled it. Firefox. So how do I fix this?

Not changing my Browser.

I need to have the Old "Got Mail" Type of Notification. That I can hear, to know I've Got Mail., I need, at times, to respond right away. And I can't sit here all the time waiting and watching. Is there an app to do this?

:)

OrigonalGhostCat, Mar 21, 2020

2. Gmail: How to get more than just the first email notification with new Windows 10 desktop notifications?

I feel this might just be a bug in the new Windows 10 desktop notifications for Gmail in Chrome, but in case there's a fix someone else knows about I thought I'd post here first. Previously I used Chrome Gmail desktop notifications. I don't know how they worked, as this functionality has now been removed and replaced with Windows 10 notifications. The old desktop notification appeared just above my system tray every time a new email came in.

With the new Windows 10 desktop notifications, I only receive a notification for the first email, and no subsequent emails, even if those emails come in 5 or 10 minutes later. Clearing the gmail notification from my windows notification center seems to allow the next email to correctly give me a notification, but then I get back into the same state where the following emails will not give notifications.

Is there a setting that will allow me to be notified of all emails as they come in?

I know there is nothing wrong with my Windows 10 notification center because all slack messages correctly appear, even if I never interact with slack or the notification center. Each new message will correctly make a new notification. I would like Gmail to behave this way.

This change in gmail happened about a month ago when I switched to the new Gmail interface, I believe.

If there isn't a fix for this, does anyone have a link to an existing bug report for this?

Thanks!

Allen Pestaluky, Mar 21, 2020
  3. FrankS Win User
    gmail problem

Hi
    I have several gmail accounts and can sign into Chrome with each except for one.
    When I attempt to sign in with the problem account it tells me that the password is incorrect.
    Using Gmail's account recovery & 2 factor authentication gmail sends a verification code to my phone (which I receive).
    The next step is to enter the verification code into account recovery which it accepts.
    It then states that it will send a code to my recovery email address.
    However, I don't receive the email.
    I've attempted using a different recovery email address with no luck.
    Now the email account is working since it receives (& sends) emails daily (vial Mailbird).
    It's just not possible to sign into Chrome with it.
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the...

Gmail

Gmail is a webmail service, not an installed program on your computer.
    It cannot, by itself, "out-of-the-box" notify you when you have new messages.

The user accesses emails EITHER through a web browser OR through an email client (which is a mail handling program the user installs on the computer, such as Thunderbird or Outlook or another, similar program).
    Or
    , you can try the "desktop notifications" (which MIGHT require installing Chrome, I am not sure).
    Or
    you can try installing an add-on for Firefox as both @swarfega (here) and I (at bleeping) suggested, if you use Firefox. (I do not know if IE or Edge offers similar add-ons or features).

So, no, unfortunately, as we tried to explain in your other threads at bleeping, AFAIK "gmail" cannot automatically tell you when you have new messages, unless you set up one or more of the following:

• Desktop notifications (see the link in your bleeping thread)
    • Add-ons for Firefox, such as gmail notifier + (see the links in the reply by @swarfega)
    • An email client (such as Outlook or Thunderbird) in which you set up your gmail account to send/receive messages
    I understand that you are tired and frustrated. I would be, too.
    Perhaps it might be good to take a break from all this for a while and to clear your head.
    Then, come back and perhaps print out the replies here and at bleeping.
    Take your time to read them over.
    Then try one option at a time.

Another thought: perhaps a friend, neighbor or family member might be able to help?

That's all I've got for now.
    Perhaps someone else has better advice.

MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the...

1. Can't get Desktop Email Notifications to come up from my Gmail. Gmail states that the... - Similar Threads - Can't Desktop Email

2. Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.: I have two computers on and for some reason notifications from a gmail address to my gmail address suddenly stopped working. I'd done nothing to either computer. One is on Windows 10 and this one is Windows 11. Notifications from other addresses arrive OK.I could understand...
  3. Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.: I have two computers on and for some reason notifications from a gmail address to my gmail address suddenly stopped working. I'd done nothing to either computer. One is on Windows 10 and this one is Windows 11. Notifications from other addresses arrive OK.I could understand...
  4. Getting emails from my Gmail account to my PC and Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting emails from my Gmail account to my PC and Phone: what needs to be done for me to receive my Gmail on my pc as well as my mobile phone? [Moderator Edit: Changed title from " needtohavemygmailappearonmypcaswellasmymobilephone"]...
  5. Desktop notification for Gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop notification for Gmail: Hi, I recently reset my computer and when I did it changed a few things on me, so I'm trying to get it back to normal. The only thing that I can't figure out is my desktop notification for Gmail. I have the setting checked in Gmail, but I still don't get the desktop...
  6. How to recover email from gmail

in Browsers and Email
    How to recover email from gmail: Today is the 21st. On the 3rd or 4th of this month I sent an email on gmail and now I can't find it. It would now be 17 days since it was sent. It may have been deleted. Does anyone know of a way that I can recover that email? Later: Tried the gmail recovery tool without...
  7. List email addresses from my Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    List email addresses from my Gmail: Hello, How can I make a list of all addresses in my gmail. (To whom I send mail). Answers always appreciated. Thanks 139601
  8. List email addresses from my Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    List email addresses from my Gmail: Hello, How can I make a list of all addresses in my gmail. (To whom I send mail). Answers always appreciated. Thanks 139601
  9. Pop up notifications for gmail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up notifications for gmail.: How do I turn off the little notification thing down in the right hand corner? It's driving me buggy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications-for-gmail/ccf4374a-72bc-473a-9b07-e920acc4915d
  10. Gmail won't come up

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail won't come up: The google email page won't come up so I can open my email. Says they have blocked it because I might be getting hacked Is there a way to get this off and open my mail??? Thanks 49645