Windows 10: Can't get Display Colors back to Normal

Discus and support Can't get Display Colors back to Normal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don’t use fancy display setting for my computer. I just use the display colors that each program I’m running automatically defaults to. A new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueBeard2, Feb 5, 2020.

1. SueBeard2 Win User

Can't get Display Colors back to Normal

I don’t use fancy display setting for my computer. I just use the display colors that each program I’m running automatically defaults to.

A new Windows 10 update was pushed to my Desktop PC on February 4, 2020. The colors of my Display were changed without my agreement. The new blue background color was so bright and glaring I tried to change it.

I right clicked on my desktop and chose Personalize. I Unchecked the High Contrast and was prompted to chose a Background color. I chose solid Cool Blue thinking that would get rid of the bright, glaring new background. Very unfortunately this seemingly small change changed all the background/display colors of the programs I routinely run. My displayed programs are virtually unreadable and unrecognizable to me.

How can I Undo this seemingly small change??? I’d rather go back to the bright glaring blue than to all the new various black/red/dark purple/etc colors now overtaking my usual programs colors. Please help!

:)

SueBeard2, Feb 5, 2020

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 5, 2020
  3. how to fiix my display colors

Hi Farbod,

We have different options to personalize your PC depending on your choice. To set your PC's display color back to default, you can follow the steps below:

• Type calibrate display color in the Search fieldlocated at the taskbar.
    • Enter your admin username and password in the User Account Control.
    • Click Yes then access the settings to calibrate your PC's display colors.

If that does not work for you, you can also try to go to Color Settings. You can choose
    Default blue as the Windows color.

Let us know should you need additional assistance.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Can't get Display Colors back to Normal

display problem

Hi Antony,

We would like to gather more information about the issue with your PC's display color to better assist you:

• Can you walk us though the steps on how you changed your display color?
    • What happens when trying to change the settings back to normal? Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting when trying to change the settings back to normal, if there's any?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't get Display Colors back to Normal

1. Can't get Display Colors back to Normal - Similar Threads - Can't Display Colors

2. How to restart my screen back to normal color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restart my screen back to normal color: How to change my screen color back to normal? When I start up my PC windows 10 pro, my screen is like a red cherry color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-my-screen-back-to-normal-color/a4af1188-8eea-41dc-ab30-40671e74836d
  3. How to restart my screen back to normal color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restart my screen back to normal color: How to change my screen color back to normal? When I start up my PC windows 10 pro, my screen is like a red cherry color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restart-my-screen-back-to-normal-color/a4af1188-8eea-41dc-ab30-40671e74836d
  4. How to restart my screen back to normal color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The color of my desktop screen is light blue, no color. How can I get back to a normal...

The color of my desktop screen is light blue, no color. How can I get back to a normal...: How can I get back to normal color screen.................? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-color-of-my-desktop-screen-is-light-blue-no/81bf1205-39e8-4655-8532-5be567dd443d
  6. Can't get back to normal display

Can't get back to normal display: My kids did something to the display. Every app, folder, etc is maximized and it doesn't work to click the resize button next to the X. I can't see a desktop - instead it's just a bunch of squares with a few app icons in each. If I drag down from the top of the app, the...
  7. how to get back normal background

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to get back normal background: my background is black how do I return it to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-normal-background/43f24c0b-fccc-4fc1-88b7-f57ef65f5ef4
  8. Inverted colors and cannot revert to normal display

in Windows 10 Support
    Inverted colors and cannot revert to normal display: I'm embarrassed to say I hit an unknown set of keys -- I think they might have been: ctl-shift-tilde-scrolllock-9 -- for no good reason and my display went negative and is now stuck there. I've been able to revert my desktop using the Invert function on Magnifier but all my...
  9. desktop display is in graysxcale how to get back to color

desktop display is in graysxcale how to get back to color: desktop display is in graysxcale how to get back to color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-display-is-in-graysxcale-how-to-get-back/206394ac-bf73-4855-b644-ec2c10bd7cdd
  10. How to get normal calculator back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get normal calculator back?: I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator? Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work. If that can't be done, does...