Windows 10: Can't get downloaded update to install. Error code 0x8124a112

Discus and support Can't get downloaded update to install. Error code 0x8124a112 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I get notifications for an update that is ready to install. When I try to install it the system tells me there is a problem and to try later. Then It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by chuckp, Feb 13, 2018.

1. chuckp Win User

Can't get downloaded update to install. Error code 0x8124a112

I get notifications for an update that is ready to install. When I try to install it the system tells me there is a problem and to try later. Then It gives error code 0x8124a112. I've tried to look this up but it seems this error does not exist. I was referred to article kb4058702 but nothing there either. Am I on a wild goose chase here? Should I throw this machine into the deep deep ocean? Someone please help before I lose my sanity (which I have little of at the moment). I'm on a 64 bit system.

:)

chuckp, Feb 13, 2018

2. Please help error code 0x0 Xbox1

I'm getting this error code when trying to download apps or trying to update my current apps, it's error code 0x0 and I can't download anything or update anything. Can someone please help

RobertStamper, Feb 13, 2018
  3. none of my apps will update.

Okay...nothing will update!!!! Can't download anything. Keep getting a stupid error code. What should I do??? Error code 80048103

daniaelmorris, Feb 13, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Type "troubleshoot" into the search box. This will open the "Troubleshoot" entry from Update & Recovery in Settings. Click the entry that reads "Windows update" under "Get up and Running." If you're lucky this will fix your problems. If not, you might want to try visiting this MS Support web page, clicking on "What can I do if I'm having problems installing updates?" and selecting the download link for the Windows Update Troubleshooter there.
    OTOH, I've had great luck getting updates installed using the Windows Update Minitool (WUMT) even when WU isn't working on its own. You might want to try this, too, if the other suggested items don't work for you.
    Sorry for your trouble. Hopefully, one of these suggestions will help you resolve this difficulty.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 13, 2018
  5. chuckp Win User
    I did the WUMT. It showed 11 updates. I tried each separately and ALL gave the code 0x80240016. It seems to be telling me that there is an unfinished update somewhere that isn't allowing another. Is there a way to find which to finish or uninstall?

chuckp, Feb 13, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Let's start with your current version. Win+R/winver/OK. Post your result. Latest is 1709 (OS Build 16299.248). WUMT requires deep understanding of yourcurrent drivers and updates. I would simplify and use Windows Update catalog or WU after you run troubleshooter/repair. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Feb 13, 2018
  7. chuckp Win User
    Seems to be trying to install 1709. That's probably what's blocking everything. It taking forever (says Preparing to install). Taking about five minutes to move 1%. Currently at 67%, so maybe before the next millennium. I'l keep reporting.

chuckp, Feb 13, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

We've had other forum members report times longer than 6 hours to get through the process. Hopefully, it will get through it and come to a successful conclusion. If that doesn't work, other fixes may be required (for example, there's a DISM /cleanup-image option called /revertpendingactions that can cancel pending or incomplete updates, but it has to be run against an offline image). One way or another, we'll find a way to get you past this hump. And at least WUMT was able to tell you it "sees" other updates, so that says as soon as the current sticking point is resolved, you should be able to get back into a normal update cycle.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: I assume you saw this to come to your conclusion about other updates underway: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-update-m. There's a link to a piece entitled "How do I reset Windows Update components" in there. We may return to that in the future, depending on how your upgrade goes...

EdTittel, Feb 13, 2018
  9. chuckp Win User
    SUCCESS!!! Thanks to all for their time. We can count this as solved.

chuckp, Feb 14, 2018
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Please share your solution with this thread, so that other readers who may encounter the same situation can try out the solution that worked for you. That's what gives the max value to these forums, so please share your findings, won't you? Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this request...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 14, 2018
  11. chuckp Win User
    Just had to be patient. Once I was able to see one update was taking so long and blocking others I just had to wait. Afterward others went just fine. The Windows update tool was what gave me the info I needed. Again thank you.

chuckp, Feb 16, 2018
  12. EdTittel Win User
    You're very welcome. I'm glad our advice provided you with some useful information. Best of luck in your future/ongoing computing efforts. Thanks for posting the follow-up info, too.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get downloaded update to install. Error code 0x8124a112 - Similar Threads - Can't downloaded update

2. Windows can't install updates - Download error - 0x80248007 AND 0x800f0900

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't install updates - Download error - 0x80248007 AND 0x800f0900: Are these important anyway? Should I just wait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-install-updates-download-error/da82606a-245c-4cc9-b247-a690b16b2705
  3. Windows can't install updates - Download error - 0x80248007 AND 0x800f0900

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't install updates - Download error - 0x80248007 AND 0x800f0900: Are these important anyway? Should I just wait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-install-updates-download-error/da82606a-245c-4cc9-b247-a690b16b2705
  4. can't download the apps getting this error Code: 0x87AF030A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download the apps getting this error Code: 0x87AF030A: I changed hard drive in my laptop, now when I tried installing the applications from app store it doesn't download it gives me this error Code: 0x87AF030A....
  5. can't download the apps getting this error Code: 0x87AF030A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download the apps getting this error Code: 0x87AF030A: I changed hard drive in my laptop, now when I tried installing the applications from app store it doesn't download it gives me this error Code: 0x87AF030A....
  6. Error Code 0x80073d05 Can't download Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code 0x80073d05 Can't download Minecraft: Help, I can't seem to install minecraft. I've tried multiple options but still it isn't working. Please respond ASAP, I have to play on a tournament. Oh and by the way, I've heard this is a bug, is this true? Because I can download every other app but when it comes to...
  7. Windows Update not downloading or getting installed, Error 0x80070543

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update not downloading or getting installed, Error 0x80070543: [ATTACH]Some users might encounter Windows Update error 0x80070543 while attempting to download and install updates on their Windows 10 device. It is usually caused due […] This article Windows Update not downloading or getting installed, Error 0x80070543 first appeared on...
  8. downloading an update getting code 0x80080005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading an update getting code 0x80080005: downloading an update getting code 0x80080005 see below for exact wording. It is making my pc so sluggish i can't be on it There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows...
  9. Can't update Windows, getting Error code 0x80240fff

Can't update Windows, getting Error code 0x80240fff: Please I need help updating my Windows 10. I keep seeing error code 0x80240fffwhenever i click 'check for updates' as the thing no longer search for updates automatically. Please how can i resolve the issue?...
  10. Can't install windows updates error code 0xc1900223

Can't install windows updates error code 0xc1900223: Hello, I am currently trying to update Windows to the latest update however I am getting stuck at Feature Update 1903. This has been going on for a while now but I thought it would be fixed in time with perhaps future patches. However I am now annoyed and fed up of waiting...