Windows 10: Can't get drivers working for old Supremefx (Soundmax) asus pci card

Discus and support Can't get drivers working for old Supremefx (Soundmax) asus pci card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't seem to get any drivers working for my ancient soundcard. I have an Asus commando motherboard with a supremefx pci soundcard that comes with...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by katana, Apr 28, 2015.

1. katana Win User

Can't get drivers working for old Supremefx (Soundmax) asus pci card

I can't seem to get any drivers working for my ancient soundcard. I have an Asus commando motherboard with a supremefx pci soundcard that comes with... It's a weird adi/virtual creative combo that usually runs with the Soundmax drivers from asus homepage: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Commando

They haven't released any drivers since windows 7, but I got them working before with windows 8.1 from here: Solved No Sound - Page 2

The different sounddrivers (installed from setup.exe) I've tried all give a "Does not support this operating system : WNT_6.2P_64" error, but I can get it started by rightclicking and choosing "troubleshoot compability" or by changing it in properties. Once started it loads the installshield wizard, but quickly aborts with the following error message: "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware. Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC; restart now, then run this setup again." The device shows up as "Multimedia Audio Controller" under "other devices" in device manager.

Tried running 10 different versions of the soundmax drivers. Tried installing them from device manager manually, changed location of the pci card, Turned on and off hd audio in the bios. Thought maybe there was sort of problem with the inf drivers from intel so I've installed the latest one of those too. So far, no luck. Any ideas?

Running 10060, but had the same issue on 9879.

Edit. Something was wrong with my DRAM. Changed it and now the SupremeFX card works fine. Sounddrivers for windows 7 on Asus website installs and works perfectly on 10074 (just had to install them in compatibility mode). Thanks

:)

katana, Apr 28, 2015
  2. t4ord Win User

SoundMAX Driver Kills Fall Creator's Update

PC is a Dell Optiplex 760 (yes, 10 years old) that came with "Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio" on the motherboard. When I originally installed Windows 10 Pro (x64), I had to install the Soundmax R228257 driver (Soundmax R228257 driver.exe) to
    get the sound to work - and it worked fine on Windows Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393. That's documented here: OptiPlex 760, Internal Speakers, Onboard Audio, Windows 10 - Dell Community.

But the update to Fall Creator's Update (1709) replaced the sound driver, killing the sound, so I installed the Soundmax R228257 driver again, and rebooted Windows - and it never started up. It hangs with the blue window splash screen and circling dots,
    and I had to go back to the "Previous Version." How do I get this driver to work with version 1709? Or will I have to update to a new sound card, or a new PC?

t4ord, Apr 28, 2015
  3. Updated computer now Asus PCE AC68 will not work

In my case I have a PCE-AC56 Wireless Card running an AMD Processor on an MSI MS7693

1) Card was running ASUS Driver version 6.30.223.245 (6/9/2014)

2) Upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators

3) Card would not start. Error 10. Nothing worked

4) Manually installed new drivers from 7.35.317.0 (9/19/2015)

5) Card would still not start. Error 10

6) Ran msconfig -> boot tab -> advanced options -> set PCI Lock

7) Card immediately started on reboot. HOWEVER it would not stay connected.

8) Rolled back to version 6.30.223.245 Drivers and it worked

If you try the PCI Lock workaround for ASUS Wireless card error 10 and it doesn't connect, it may be a driver issue. Hope this helps and thanks to the thoughtful person who posted PCI Lock in the first place!

FISHopkins, Apr 28, 2015
Thema:

Can't get drivers working for old Supremefx (Soundmax) asus pci card

1. Can't get drivers working for old Supremefx (Soundmax) asus pci card - Similar Threads - Can't drivers working

2. Pci Bus drivers messing with my Radeon graphic card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pci Bus drivers messing with my Radeon graphic card drivers: I have a recurring problem, many SVG elements aren't rendering properly, for example on the Xbox game bar: [ATTACH] I reinstall my Radeon graphic card drivers both new and old and the problem is fixed, the SVGs render properly, until I restart or shutdown. As soon as I...
  3. can't get firewire port card to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't get firewire port card to work: I installed a Syba PCI-Express Firewire card - SD-PEX30009 - in my HP Z220 Workstation Desktop; Windows 10 automatically downloaded the drivers it thought were appropriate, but that didn't work; I then used the cd that came with the card and tried to install their drivers,...
  4. PCI WiFi card issues

PCI WiFi card issues: Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  5. pci driver.

pci driver.: Hi I cannot for the life of me update my pci driver, the error codes I get are....0000001c. and the usual 28. my op system is windows 10 pro. with i7 2nd gen . The hardware for the pci slot says im using pci\ven_8086&dev_1c3d&subsys_04931025&rev_04...…etc etc..Can anyone...
  6. Old graphics card, new driver

Old graphics card, new driver: Before,I was using nvidia quadro 600 and I am trying to upgrade to nvidia gts 450 i have tried restarting multiple times, reinstalling drivers but it doesn't work the following error comes up: Page unpaged area It also tells me to tell the microsoft support this :...
  7. PCI Express card stops working

PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...
  8. drivers for old graphics card radeon HD3650 pci express

drivers for old graphics card radeon HD3650 pci express: I got the drivers from windows update automatically but it still says that some components are not installed in properties the graphics card is working fine with HYDRAVISION in Windows 7 but i cant install catalyst control center and hydravision in windows 10 it works...
  9. Getting 'old' drivers to work in W10

Getting 'old' drivers to work in W10: I am a volunteer at an all volunteer non profit (Phoenix Computers - Reclaim, Refurbish, Reuse) that refurbishes computers to provide to low income families. We have been doing this since 2009 and are part of the MRR program with Microsoft. We take donated computers, wipe...
  10. Asus webcam picture upside down and old driver can't be installed

Asus webcam picture upside down and old driver can't be installed: Hi, it seems that Microsoft do it again! After installing the Creators fall update I tried to reinstall the old Sonix driver (32-bit) to correct the upsidedown problem. But this time it is impossible to install it. I noticed now, that the driver is not listed unter...