Windows 10: Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade

Discus and support Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have externals speakers that were working fine before going from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. Plugged them into a different computer with 10 Pro and no problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinGohn, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade

Have externals speakers that were working fine before going from 7 Pro to 10 Pro.

Plugged them into a different computer with 10 Pro and no problem.

Did this so far:

1.) Uninstalled Realtek Driver.

2.) Reinstalled Realtek Driver.

3.) Rebooted Computer.

4.) Still won't play.

5.) The Sound menu says it is not plugged in...they are plugged in.

5.) See screen shot below

Thanks in advance.

Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade 001f6f8e-34bd-46b0-978f-8e0bb502e750?upload=true.jpg

:)

JustinGohn, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Gyruss09 Win User

bluetooth external speaker won't play music

hi,

i am having problems connecting my laptop via bluetooth to an external soundbar specifically the LG SJ8.

it pairs and connects, but when i play music, no sound comes out of the external soundbar. the laptop speakers are still the ones being used.

when i try to choose the output device, the soundbar is not listed as an option. only the laptop speakers are listed.

it was working fine before, but i am guessing that as a result of a windows update, something went wrong.

i tried connecting my back-up laptop to the soundbar using bluetooth but i get the same problem.

i have another external speaker, the Bose Mini Soundlink, and for some reason that device connects fine and plays music normally.

would appreciate your help here.

thanks,

mike

Gyruss09, Mar 23, 2019
  3. playing video file to an HDTV and external speakers

windows 10 - I can play a video file to an HDTV via HDMI link but cannot play external speakers at the sake time - why not?

or - I can play a video file to external speakers but when I hook up the HDMI to an HDTV the external speakers go off - why?

thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum]

phishfearme, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade

External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade

1. Can't get external speakers to play after 10 Pro upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't external speakers

2. External speakers not playing when the laptop lid is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speakers not playing when the laptop lid is open: When I open my laptop lid the sound comes out of the laptop speakers. When I close the lid the sound comes out of my external speakers. From the settings I can see when the laptop lid is open the only audio output is the laptop speakers but when the lid is closed then my...
  3. External speakers not playing when the laptop lid is open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External speakers not playing when the laptop lid is open: When I open my laptop lid the sound comes out of the laptop speakers. When I close the lid the sound comes out of my external speakers. From the settings I can see when the laptop lid is open the only audio output is the laptop speakers but when the lid is closed then my...
  4. External Speakers not working after update Windows 10

External Speakers not working after update Windows 10: My external speakers were working fine on my laptop until the latest update. I've rebooted multiple times. The troubleshooter tells me the Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point are missing and there's no Jack?? My speakers are working 100% I've tested them on another...
  5. External Speakers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Speakers . . .: I have a Dell laptop computer, running Windows 10 Pro . . . I recently bought a pair of, external speakers. They plug, right into the USB port . . . And, the headphone jack. I've had external speakers before, so I knew what to expect. For some reason? The sound level, is...
  6. External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play...

External speakers no longer override system speakers since Windows upgrade, both play...: Hi, My Windows 10 PC has just been upgraded from Version 1709 to 1809. Since the upgrade when I play sound it comes from both my external speakers and the system speakers. How do I stop sound from the system speakers when using my external speakers? I have unplugged them...
  7. external speaker

external speaker: Is it possible to hook up an external speaker to my computer. My Windows 7 was a plug and play, no such luck on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speaker/a85c1285-ba50-4e71-82b3-b23fc9529a55
  8. Unable to play sound through external speaker

Unable to play sound through external speaker: Hi, I have a pair of Mackie CR3 speakers that have been working fantastic. However, ever since I bought a new monitor I haven't been able to get sound out of them. I've tried enabling, disabling playback devices, setting as default, uninstalling in device manager and...
  9. bluetooth external speaker won't play music

bluetooth external speaker won't play music: hi, i am having problems connecting my laptop via bluetooth to an external soundbar specifically the LG SJ8. it pairs and connects, but when i play music, no sound comes out of the external soundbar. the laptop speakers are still the ones being used. when i try to choose...
  10. Can't get external speakers to work properly on laptop

Can't get external speakers to work properly on laptop: Alright, I've been trying to find anyone with a similar problem, tried some different things but none worked. I have a jack on the side of the laptop as usual, where I plug my headphones which do work perfectly. The laptop's internal speakers also work. The problem comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot get speakers tp play on windows 10