Windows 10: Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt

Discus and support Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I followed the steps I found, but it didn't work. From old W8 laptop onto a usb, then onto new W10 laptop. It says finished, and "you have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ImLost, Nov 9, 2015.

1. ImLost Win User

Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt

I followed the steps I found, but it didn't work. From old W8 laptop onto a usb, then onto new W10 laptop. It says finished, and "you have successfully.........". But then I check and they are not there.

:)

ImLost, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Burtlake1 Win User

Copy Favoites from IE Win 7 to IE Win 10

I solved the problem. I noticed that about half of the Favorites copied onto the laptop before the copying stopped. I then tried omitting the first Favorite from the list that did not copy. That worked. All the Favorites, except the one I omitted,
    copied onto the new laptop. My conclusion: something was corrupted with this one Favorite. To test my theory further, I tried copying this one suspect Favorite by itself. It would not copy onto the laptop.

Burtlake1, Nov 9, 2015
  3. Favorites File to windows 10

Had my favorites on another computer that blew up. luckily I had my documents backed up on a WD Passport. bought a windows 10 machine and pulled my files off it to the new machine. how do I get my favorites file to load onto my favorites on my new windows
    10 machine? Thanks

StephenStuke, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I usually use the Export feature and save the result as an .htm or .html file then use that for the source for the Import. Nice thing is that file can be put on a Thumb/Flash drive and opened in any browser without needing to Import. Only problem I've seen is sometimes the process doesn't properly recognize the Folders I've categorized links into but the links are all available, double-click one to open the page.

Berton, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Chrome has them stored. Redo add favorites. Think i.e. has them sitting in the cloud.
    In settings for chrome, sign in and the favorites should transfer to the browser.
    For some reason I am able to recover most of my favorites. Some reason!

From your old HDD copy %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ to your new drive after installing chrome.

lopedoggie, Nov 9, 2015
  6. ImLost Win User
    I forgot to say this is both with Internet explorer. The tutorials do not have transferring from IE W8 to IE W10

ImLost, Nov 9, 2015
  7. JohnC Win User
    I did it just now. You have to export favorites, feeds and cookies one after the other onto the USB. the default is documents so you have to navigate to the usb stick three times. Then you have to import all three back to the win 10 internet explorer. It didn't work perfectly for me I lost one link. I didn't have any feeds saved and the export failed the first time because I didn't chose to export nothing (insert Seinfeld joke). So export it all and then you should be able to inport it all. Good luck.

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Get Favorites onto New Compt - Similar Threads - Can't Favorites onto

2. Locked out of pc, can't get onto it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of pc, can't get onto it: Locked out of ASUS PC DESKTOP w/Windows 10 HOME EDITION. CAN'T GET ON MY PC. SO PLEASE TALK ABOUT ACCOUNTS ECT. IS THIS CHALLENGE PHRASE A COMPLETE SCAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-pc-cant-get-onto-it/4ecbfb3f-e1d9-436c-a407-d59a878475d4
  3. Locked out of pc, can't get onto it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of pc, can't get onto it: Locked out of ASUS PC DESKTOP w/Windows 10 HOME EDITION. CAN'T GET ON MY PC. SO PLEASE TALK ABOUT ACCOUNTS ECT. IS THIS CHALLENGE PHRASE A COMPLETE SCAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-pc-cant-get-onto-it/4ecbfb3f-e1d9-436c-a407-d59a878475d4
  4. Locked out of pc, can't get onto it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't find favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't find favorites.: Hi, I am running Windows 10, version 2004, on a Dell desktop. I am not able to find my favorites. If I for example find a topic on say You Tube, and add it to favorites, and later decide to look at the topic, when I click the favorites button, only my "Favorite bar" comes...
  6. Can't find favorites.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find favorites.: Hi, I am running Windows 10, version 2004, on a Dell desktop. I am not able to find my favorites. If I for example find a topic on say You Tube, and add it to favorites, and later decide to look at the topic, when I click the favorites button, only my "Favorite bar" comes...
  7. New Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Edge Favorites: I just installed the New EDGE. Can I import all my favorites from somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-favorites/709dcff8-10b6-43df-9d12-955c1d12b642
  8. Can't get windows onto a back up usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get windows onto a back up usb: For the past few weeks my computer has been crashing varying from once a day to 4 times a day. I ran the HP diagnostics tool and the result was that my hard drive failed the smart hard disk test and that I should back up my information. I don't want to clone my disk so I...
  9. Favorites in the new Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites in the new Edge: Just started using the new Edge. Is there a way that when you click on the Favorites button, that all of your favorites will appear without having to hover over the Other favorites folder icon? Windows ver 1909. Thanks 151321
  10. Compte utilisateur

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Compte utilisateur: Bonjour je ne peux plus me connecter à mon profil. Voici le message affiché à mon écran [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compte-utilisateur/7620fc92-cf85-4b02-9033-c5c60f83e95d"