Windows 10: Can't get file sharing to work

Discus and support Can't get file sharing to work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Done everything and file sharing still won't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SALJ(2), May 23, 2019.

1. SALJ(2) Win User

Can't get file sharing to work

Done everything and file sharing still won't work

:)

SALJ(2), May 23, 2019

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 23, 2019
  3. How could this be? File transfer wizard won't work

all right... networking is strange thing... go to the old computer and look at all your "file sharing" setups. Then you have to mirror the specs onto the new one.
    If they say you dont have the ability to have access, that would mean that you are using a log in type of windows.. go into your Admin. and have the ability to share files from all accounts... if you don't have this problem, then just go to network settings and make it to where you can share that folder... Then when you have it, throw a pic or something into the folder.

Step by Step.
    1. Look at admin. to see if your allowing file sharing.
    2. Make sure you are file sharing for everyone in your network.
    3. Go into your network folder and see if you are allowing through that.
    4. Drop something in your share folder
    5. see if it is visible for both computers.

If you get stuck just pm me.

Cold Storm, May 23, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get file sharing to work - Similar Threads - Can't file sharing

2. can't get nearby sharing working

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get nearby sharing working: I've tried to get nearby sharing to work on Windows 10 by following these instructions also every other tips/tricks out there but still can't get it working, can anybody help me?Confirm that both devices have Nearby Sharing enabled.Check that Bluetooth is enabled and has...
  3. can't get nearby sharing working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get nearby sharing working: I've tried to get nearby sharing to work on Windows 10 by following these instructions also every other tips/tricks out there but still can't get it working, can anybody help me?Confirm that both devices have Nearby Sharing enabled.Check that Bluetooth is enabled and has...
  4. can't get nearby sharing working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't get file sharing working between host pcwindows 10 and guestwindows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get file sharing working between host pcwindows 10 and guestwindows 10: Basically, I have a windows 10 running on a virtualbox vm. I have file sharing enabled on both pc's, I have firewall disabled on both pc's and guest machine is visible in host machine's network tabbut can't access it for some reason, says that it was not found but host...
  6. Can't get file sharing working between host pcwindows 10 and guestwindows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get file sharing working between host pcwindows 10 and guestwindows 10: Basically, I have a windows 10 running on a virtualbox vm. I have file sharing enabled on both pc's, I have firewall disabled on both pc's and guest machine is visible in host machine's network tabbut can't access it for some reason, says that it was not found but host...
  7. File-sharing not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File-sharing not working: So I have one windows 10 and windows 7 PC. Prior to a couple ago the two PCs were able to connect to each other but now the two can no longer connect to each other. PC1 - windows 10, PC2_ windows 7 I tried enabling the filesharing and set everything on but somehow PC1 cant...
  8. File-sharing not working

File-sharing not working: So I have one windows 10 and windows 7 PC. Prior to a couple ago the two PCs were able to connect to each other but now the two can no longer connect to each other. PC1 - windows 10, PC2_ windows 7 I tried enabling the filesharing and set everything on but somehow PC1 cant...
  9. Can't Get Windows 10 File Sharing To Work Reliably

Can't Get Windows 10 File Sharing To Work Reliably: I am seriously at my wits end with Windows File Share with regards to how difficult it is to simply set two computers to see each other and share files. I'm turning here to get some help because none of the suggestions I've found so far are a true fix for the issue. Here's...
  10. Can't get the share icon to work

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get the share icon to work: Hi.I can't get the share icon to work. Every time I want to use it I select the screen then select the Make a web note on the screen,Then select share icon to the right of the make a web note upon selecting it the screen flashes and nothing happens. Any help please. many...