Windows 10: Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls

Discus and support Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Surface Pro with all the updates installed. I have set up an account for my kid and neither IE nor Edge display text properly for my kid. I'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tom_Gr, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Tom_Gr Win User

Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls

I have Surface Pro with all the updates installed.

I have set up an account for my kid and neither IE nor Edge display text properly for my kid.

I'm Polish and so I use Polish language settings and both IE/Edge scrambles Polish national characters. I include screen-captures below.'. All settings seem to be correct.

Both screen-captures show search results for the word "gościnność" with the ś and ć being Polish national characters.

What's weird is that I *can* type this word in correctly in to the search box, but after I click Enter the results come back scrambled.

Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls 82d16d35-fa2d-4178-8dd3-77f5890ef977?upload=true.png

Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls 9f018ba6-b285-4039-90b4-983bfb9755ce?upload=true.png

:)

Tom_Gr, Sep 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Parental Controls not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Sep 8, 2019
  4. blondie Win User

text not displaying properly, can`t change size either, fonts

Hi,
    New to Windows 10 and was fooling around with fonts (no ``save button`é - that`s supposed to be a question mark, not a French accent, maybe part of problem) - now all text (in programs and in browser¨) looks like a printer running out of ink. Have played with ClearText type, fonts, display ètc. etc. When I try to change size in display settings, it`s stuck on 100% (does not slide up or down). Perhaps I need a new monitorÉ Any help greatly appreciated. P.S. Am in Canada, trying to use the US English keyboard - if I change my location to US and use US
    keyboard, would that workÉ I haven`t got Cortana working yet either because of problems with location and language.
    Thnx

Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls [​IMG]

blondie, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't get fonts to display properly in both Edge IE under Parental Controls - Similar Threads - Can't fonts display

2. Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words: You just embedded browser for display weatherother browser edge it working fineThe name call Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core which this cann't display properly!...
  3. Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts can't be displayed properly except for english words: You just embedded browser for display weatherother browser edge it working fineThe name call Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core which this cann't display properly!...
  4. Flexi IBM font not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flexi IBM font not displaying properly: Hello, after installing Flexi IBM VGA False and True fonts, some apps won't recognize these fonts. For example, in Paint, displays Arial instead of this font:And in Command Prompt, uses Courier New font as fallback every time I set that font.I downloaded them from this...
  5. Flexi IBM font not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flexi IBM font not displaying properly: Hello, after installing Flexi IBM VGA False and True fonts, some apps won't recognize these fonts. For example, in Paint, displays Arial instead of this font:And in Command Prompt, uses Courier New font as fallback every time I set that font.I downloaded them from this...
  6. Parental control on Mycrosoft Edge

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental control on Mycrosoft Edge: How do I remove the parental restrictions on my Mycrosoft Edge ? I'm an adult already, i removed myself from the family group, but whenever i open the profile section on the settings in my Microsoft Edge it tells me that the device is used by the family group, and whenever i...
  7. Text fonts are not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text fonts are not displaying properly: So I recently upgraded my computer to a windows 10 pro version and now the fonts on all my screens are not crisp or sharp and in fact are actually rather difficult to read. I've looked at every setting I can and nothing improves this issue please tell me there is a fix for...
  8. Parental Controls/Time Limits not synching properly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls/Time Limits not synching properly: I am setting up a new pc for my son and the time limit parental controls WILL NOT sync with the new pc no matter what I do. I have done this before with other devices pcs and laptops with him and other children and have never had this difficulty. App restrictions are...
  9. Edge and IE both display blank screen for https://www.healthweather.us

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE both display blank screen for https://www.healthweather.us: I'm sure this may be occurring on other URLs, but this is my focus this evening, on two particular PCs, one Win 10 Pro PC 1903, one Win 10 Home 1803. I have tried this: Fix: Blank Screen or White Pages on Microsoft Edge - Appuals.com but nothing has changed. AdBlock off/on...
  10. Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg)

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11 both slow and do not display images (.jpg): Working on a friends computer. It came with Win 7 and was upgraded to Win 10 a month or more ago. Recently he's been complaining of Edge being very slow and not displaying images at sites like msn.com. IE11 also has same problem as Edge. I've reset IE11, removed and added...