Windows 10: Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

Discus and support Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop with 2 GPUs. Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX130. I have a 120hz monitor that I want to use to play fortnite (or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NEED_for_Help, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

I have a laptop with 2 GPUs. Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX130.

I have a 120hz monitor that I want to use to play fortnite (or any game) on it. I noticed the game is only running at 60hz.

I checked the settings and it showed that both the 120hz monitor and the 60hz laptop screen are using the weaker GPU ( Intel UHD Graphics 620).

I tried changing the graphics cards in the nvidia control panel, but that didn't work.

Please help. It is giving me a headache!

GOD BLESS WHOEVER HELPS ME! IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING!

:)

NEED_for_Help, Mar 5, 2019
  2. jfkjax Win User

Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Mar 5, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Games ***PLAYABLE*** on laptop???

Whatever from this list:
    The Opera blog

Will also run on your laptop. And the list is quite long plus most of those that are listed as "not working" will most probably work on your laptop.

RejZoR, Mar 5, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

If I was a little vague about HDMI, it's because I don't know what your monitor supports. I can't swear that it won't do 120Hz, via HDMI, but I believe that it can't.

Interestingly, the spec sheet in post #1 lists 85Hz as the maximum vertical frequency for a digital input. However, the AnandTech review clearly has it as a 120Hz 3D capable monitor.

bobkn, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

1. Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop. - Similar Threads - Can't Fortnite game

2. Laptop and 2 monitor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and 2 monitor problem: I have a laptop and 2 screens but when I go to display settings and identify, it has allocated my laptop as 1 both monitors as 2. Is it possible to make the monitors 1 and 2 and disregard the laptop?...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop running slow with 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop running slow with 2 monitors: My ThinkPad laptop running Windows 10 is slow when it is plugged into 2 monitors. I've got plenty of RAM and diskspace. I've checked all the video card and mouse drivers. They have the most current. I've checked the screen settings. Both screen refresh rates and size are the...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop running slow with 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop running slow with 2 monitors: My ThinkPad laptop running Windows 10 is slow when it is plugged into 2 monitors. I've got plenty of RAM and diskspace. I've checked all the video card and mouse drivers. They have the most current. I've checked the screen settings. Both screen refresh rates and size are the...
  5. Windows 10 Laptop running slow with 2 monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Adding 2 monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding 2 monitors to laptop: Trying to attach 2 monitors to a laptop via the instructions provided by Microsoft. It's not working!! I need help please. I have each monitor plugged in to the hdmi ports of a docking station. One monitor works, the second isnt even detected....
  7. Adding 2 monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding 2 monitors to laptop: Trying to attach 2 monitors to a laptop via the instructions provided by Microsoft. It's not working!! I need help please. I have each monitor plugged in to the hdmi ports of a docking station. One monitor works, the second isnt even detected....
  8. Laptop not sending signal to External Monitor if 120hz or higher is selected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not sending signal to External Monitor if 120hz or higher is selected: This behavior did not happen up until after installing the 2020H2 update. The External Monitor which I use it as Primary Display Device to my Laptop does not receive signal after booting/restarting Windows (when the prompt for login shows, both screens remain black -...
  9. Help with 120hz laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with 120hz laptop: So my laptop is a gateway creator series that runs 120hz but it won't do it when I play games. How can I fix this issue? submitted by /u/SupremeGD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md4zl3/help_with_120hz_laptop/
  10. Gaming Laptop uses dedicated GPU on a non-existent monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming Laptop uses dedicated GPU on a non-existent monitor: So I have a bit of a complicated problem. Up until recently, I've been doing good with my Laptop. It has an igpu and a dedicated gpu. I had 2 monitors, the one directly connected to my laptop was run by the igpu, and the external was run by the dedicated gpu. I am on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i play 120fps on fortnite

2. how to fun fortnite at 120 hz

3. can fortnite push 120 hz

4. gaming computer that can run 120fps