Windows 10: Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

Discus and support Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop with 2 GPUs. Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX130. I have a 120hz monitor that I want to use to play fortnite (or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NEED_for_Help, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

I have a laptop with 2 GPUs. Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce MX130.

I have a 120hz monitor that I want to use to play fortnite (or any game) on it. I noticed the game is only running at 60hz.

I checked the settings and it showed that both the 120hz monitor and the 60hz laptop screen are using the weaker GPU ( Intel UHD Graphics 620).

I tried changing the graphics cards in the nvidia control panel, but that didn't work.

Please help. It is giving me a headache!

GOD BLESS WHOEVER HELPS ME! IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING!

:)

NEED_for_Help, Mar 5, 2019
  2. jfkjax Win User

Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Mar 5, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Games ***PLAYABLE*** on laptop???

Whatever from this list:
    The Opera blog

Will also run on your laptop. And the list is quite long plus most of those that are listed as "not working" will most probably work on your laptop.

RejZoR, Mar 5, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

If I was a little vague about HDMI, it's because I don't know what your monitor supports. I can't swear that it won't do 120Hz, via HDMI, but I believe that it can't.

Interestingly, the spec sheet in post #1 lists 85Hz as the maximum vertical frequency for a digital input. However, the AnandTech review clearly has it as a 120Hz 3D capable monitor.

bobkn, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop.

1. Can't get Fortnite (any game) to run on 120fps on laptop. 120hz monitor, 2 GPU laptop. - Similar Threads - Can't Fortnite game

2. Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get MSI Gaming Laptop to boot.: I have an MSI GE-62 Apache Pro that boots off a 256 GB SSD with a 1 TB HD for other storage. I hadn't had it on in a while (a couple weeks), and now I can't get it to boot past the MSI logo. Using the delete key I can boot into BIOS fine. But I've tried getting to the...
  3. connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop: how do I connect 2 monitors to a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-2-monitors-to-a-dell-inspiron-laptop/3cb093f2-cf9d-40c8-9b38-b6b9825ccaaf
  4. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop: I have a HP Envy x360 and I need to connect 2 monitors to it. I also purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station. I have connected it all but still cannot get both external monitors to work....any advise??...
  5. Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. I want to hook up an HP monitor to run as a second screen for work. The monitor came with a high speed USB cable. When I plug it into the laptop the screen on the monitor lights up with the HP logo and then goes black. When I do get...
  6. fortnite gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite gaming: for some reason I cannot access fortnite like I always do and this is the second time. it says that I do not have the permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fortnite-gaming/c8798c8f-2915-4375-a2a6-c9af375987a3
  7. fortnite gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortnite gaming: what to do if it always says when im trying to open fortnite that i dont have the permission when earlier it used to work perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fortnite-gaming/4cdc1396-37b5-4a0b-97d5-7611b0ad9f80
  8. Can a GPU run on 2 OS?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can a GPU run on 2 OS?: If I have a graphics card installed in my laptop and 2 operating system, would it run on both?
  9. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...
  10. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...