Windows 10: Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

Discus and support Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC. I have 300 mb service in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snoring, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Snoring Win User

Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

Hello and I need help.

This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up and down. I paid for the faster internet and my ISP says that this is normal when used with Windows 10.

Any help would be great.

Tnx

:)

Snoring, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

wireless connection cannot find the wireless router. Sees the wireless printer, not the router.

New HP All-in-One with Windows 10. Using at home, cannot find the wireless router. Sees the wireless printer, not the router. Tried putting the router info in manually to connect, still did not work. I see the other posts' answers, should I try those steps
    with new computer?

BP Dragoncat, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

1. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router - Similar Threads - Can't full wireless

2. Wireless Router Recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  3. NVME ssd not getting full speeds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVME ssd not getting full speeds: I recently bought a sabrent rocket 1tb nvme ssd. After configuring it in windows, it only gets 200mbps write but on other devices raspberry pi 400, raspberry pi 3 i get 3gbps in my asus rog arion enclosure. Why is this happening and how can i fix it?...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new router and canon wireless printer is offline: new router from fios, everything works perfectly, except wireless printer cannot be made to print and remains offline ran all troubleshooters, have rebooted wireless laptop and power-cycled the canon more thanonce...
  5. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  6. Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks.

Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks.: I got a Netgear 4X router today and my Dell Inspirion 5567 laptop cannot find it. It's nowhere on the list of available networks. I talked to Netgear tech support and they said that my Network Adaptor Software needs updated. This seems reasonable but I can't find how to do...
  7. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC which also has AC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up...
  8. I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor

I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor: I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymore. I removed my printer from devices and printers and tried a reinstall. It's a cannon Pixma 3150 and Windows 10 Home. The router was faulty so got new 1 off Virgin. But as it's a new password my printer...
  9. Can't get Internet access on my router

Can't get Internet access on my router: I have a desktop connected by wire to my Bell modem. I also have a laptop connected via wifi. I had a problem with updates not installing on the laptop so I did a restore to a previous save (about two weeks ago. When it completed, I can recognize my modem (Bell500) but when I...
  10. New router but slower download speed

New router but slower download speed: Hello, I just replaced my old router (Linksys WRT54G) to a Linksys x1000. However, my download speed is slower than the previous router I had. I tried the following things to resolve this problem: Upgrading to the latest firmware version; Updated my wireless network...