Windows 10: Can't get game to start

Discus and support Can't get game to start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed doom 3 and it will not start. I get a message "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" I tap yes and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vett, Sep 28, 2018.

1. vett Win User

Can't get game to start

Just installed doom 3 and it will not start. I get a message "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" I tap yes and nothing happens!

:)

2. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Sep 28, 2018
  3. imperialreign, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Can't get game to start

windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Can't get game to start

1. Can't get game to start - Similar Threads - Can't game start

2. Fortnite getting not starting in game, suspended in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fortnite getting not starting in game, suspended in taskbar: Whenever i ready up in Fortnite and it starts to get in a match in the loading screen it crashes, i checked once while it was just stuck there, in taskbar it said suspended next to Fortnite, because of that i left Fortnite for a while hoping that after coming back after a...
  3. Started getting BSOD's when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Started getting BSOD's when playing games: Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - intelppm.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - ntosknrl.exe KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - EhStorClass.sys [img] Ran Memtest86+ and it passed the 4 passes... so it's not the RAM. Probably a driver issue. 151296
  4. Can't get free games.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get free games.: Hello, yesterday, my microsoft store broke! I tried using Wsreset.exe, but, that didn't work AT ALL. Whenever I try to get button it doesn't do anything! It flashes white and then BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN. So please, someone fix this![ATTACH]...
  5. Can't get started on set up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get started on set up: Trying to get started but it tells us our pin is incorrect. Will not let us reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-started-on-set-up/3a5464cb-65c4-4705-bf91-d4d0e444d994
  6. Can't 'Get Started' with Windows Insider.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't 'Get Started' with Windows Insider.: I've done everything I needed to do, and reinstalled the Feedback Hub, but I can't click 'Get Started'. Someone on reddit suggested enabling all telemetry, and upon looking in data I noticed this. [img] When I factory reset, I only entered basic, but for some reason now I...
  7. Can't start game because of graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start game because of graphics card: Hi guys, I want to play Warhammer Mark of Chaos on my Windows 10 laptop. But when I start the game, I get a notification that it won't start because of my graphics card. I can't imagine that my graphics card is not good enough because I bought my laptop about two years ago...
  8. Can't get Mic working in-game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get Mic working in-game: Hey As the title says I can't get my microphone (corsair void rgb wireless headset) to work in any games (steam, origin Uplay). it works in all tests inside each of the applications settings but as soon as i stop testing it stops working. I set it to default comms device...
  9. Can't get the Start Menu to Resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get the Start Menu to Resize: I just did a clean install of 10041 and can't fine a way to switch to a resizable Start Menu. I have seen several post here which describe a registry edit to accomplish this but it doesn't seem to work under 10041. It did under 9926. Here is a part of the instructions I...
  10. Can't start or get to POST?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't start or get to POST?: My 7 YO laptop wouldn't show anything on the screen a few months ago. Power light comes on, but can hear a click (like HDD trying to come on), but not always. Power port was replaced a few years ago. I pulled my Win10 HDD out & put in a blank, formatted one to try and...