Windows 10: Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app

Discus and support Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm trying to get my dad's Gmail account on Windows 10 native mail app. I click 'add account', select 'google', enter his email, password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Faharah, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app

Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app 1299jdeNf4WaIzkDXfy3F3sPGUNE90zilDwNtbw--mY.jpg

I'm trying to get my dad's Gmail account on Windows 10 native mail app. I click 'add account', select 'google', enter his email, password and select a display name. Then the app just returns to the same 'Welcome to mail' screen pictured below and I can't access email. If I try and reenter the information it just says 'account already added' and takes me back to this screen.

The first time I tried to add the account this Gmail blocked it (got an email saying 'sign in attempt blocked), I've read loads of forums and lots say to go to the Mail app settings and remove the account and try again but I cannot find the account settings anywhere - there's no toolbar and no settings icon, am I being daft? It's exactly as pictured below (and if I access the basic app settings by right-clicking the Mail icon in windows toolbar it just has default apps and permissions settings, no accounts ones)

https://preview.redd.it/b6zpklc5zwf...bp&s=56b6d2dcc8a25568bc4a18193800eaea069e1905

Things I've tried:

• Resetting Mail app
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Mail app
    • Turning on IMAP in Gmail
    • Setting Gmail to permit 'less secure apps'

Please help! Thank you.

P.S. Using Mail version 16005.12430.20136.0 - if that's any help!

submitted by /u/Faharah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Faharah, Feb 9, 2020
  2. 10win10 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app

1. Can't get Gmail to work in Windows 10 mail app - Similar Threads - Can't Gmail mail

2. I can't get Gmail to work with my Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get Gmail to work with my Windows Live Mail: I've googled for some instructions. My new Iphone SE seems to be working with the mail icon that came with the phone. I'm trying to get it to work with my PC using windows 7. I put all the info in and I get a message saying the server has issued an unrecognizable greeting....
  3. I can't get Gmail to work with my Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get Gmail to work with my Windows Live Mail: I've googled for some instructions. My new Iphone SE seems to be working with the mail icon that came with the phone. I'm trying to get it to work with my PC using windows 7. I put all the info in and I get a message saying the server has issued an unrecognizable greeting....
  4. Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.: I have three email accounts I use. A Yahoo account, a Comcast Xfinity account and a Gmail account. The first two work fine but when the Gmail account is added it initially comes up and populates the messages. If I go to either of the other accounts it stops working and the...
  5. Can't add gmail to mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add gmail to mail app: I can't add gmail to mail app. Here's the error: [ATTACH] Additionally, I think the "check for updates" in windows update is not able to detect new feature updates. It is a guess. I feel I used to use a newer version of windows 10 before doing "reset PC"....
  6. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  7. Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add gmail account to windows 10 Calendar app, but it works fine in Mail app: I am able to add and sync my gmail account in the Windows 10 mail app just fine, but, for some reason, it doesn't work on the Calendar app. I've tried adding my account to Calendar using advanced setup and manually inputted the IMAP fields, but it still doesn't work. I've...
  8. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  9. Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?: I have 2 accounts set up to the mail/calendar app. My email (outlook) and my wife (gmail) and I can get/send emails but my wife gmail doesn't work. Anyone know of a workaround? 14773
  10. Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot get Mail App to work with Gmail or Hotmail accounts: Having got all of my standard stuff, including having MS Outlook handle my email accounts, sorted out; I decided to give the new Windows 10 Mail Application a try. Unfortunately I cannot get it to do a darned thing:- 1. With my Hotmail account I get error code 0x80070032....