Windows 10: Can't get IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to work

Discus and support Can't get IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had to reinstall Widows 10. Since then have no sound. Have deleted and reinstalled IDT HD Audio CODEC driver card several times, still won't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeoniH, Jan 11, 2018.

1. LeoniH Win User

Can't get IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to work

Had to reinstall Widows 10. Since then have no sound. Have deleted and reinstalled IDT HD Audio CODEC driver card several times, still won't work. Yellow triangle over device in Device Manager. Please can someone help? Thank you.

:)

LeoniH, Jan 11, 2018

2. After Windows 10 Creators update, Headphones no Longer Set to Default

I would usually set my audio defaults through the task bar or system tray, right click sound > Playback Devices.

Currently I use a 32" 60hz TV as my monitor, and in the Device Manager I get:

Audio inputs and outputs:

1-SHARP HDMI (AMD High Definition Audio Device) [The currently only working audio source]

Communications Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) [Preferred source of audio]

Digital Output (S/PDIF) IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)

Line In (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Microphone (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Stereo Mix (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

And under Sound, video and game controllers:

AMD High Definition Audio Device

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Virtual Audio Cable

I am using an HP Envy and it came with no manual, Motherboard is made by Gigabyte, Product 2AC8, no serial, Version 1.2.

If it helps my headphones are made by Turtle Beach, Product Earforce x12, and the HDMI the audio is going through is hooked up to an AMD Radeon R9 200x video card by Sapphire.

Claire Lea, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Raysim52 Win User
    How to reinstall the beats audio software Windows 10

I had the same problem & I solved it; by uninstalling the IDT High Definition Audio Codec in Device Manager & rebooted. After I rebooted I confirmed in Device Manager that IDT High Definition Audio Codec was replaced by a High Definition Audio Codec. I was
    then prompted to reboot a second time to allow the IDT High Definition Audio Codec finish installing.The Beats Audio Control panel now appears as a hidden Icon and it is fully operational.

Raysim52, Jan 11, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

PC Specs. We are in the dark and trying to guess without it.

If you delete the IDT driver, will Windows install the generic HD Audio Codec driver?

fireberd, Jan 11, 2018
  5. LeoniH Win User
    Hello Fireberd, yes Windows does reinstall the device, but it does not work, has the yellow trinagle over it.

LeoniH, Jan 11, 2018
  6. fireberd Win User
    What is the error code?

fireberd, Jan 12, 2018
  7. zbook New Member
    Open device manager > click on view > click show hidden files > right click on the row > post an image into the thread for
    the general tab > post an image
    driver tab and click driver details (view side by side) > post an image
    click details tab > under properties > scroll to hardware id and to problem code > post an image of each
    Can scroll through the property list to help with the detective work.

See if these two link can help:
    How to easily find drivers for Unknown Devices in Windows | PCWorld
    If You See a Yellow Exclamation Point in Device Manager

zbook, Jan 12, 2018
  8. LeoniH Win User

Hi Fireberd - it says "Reinstall the drivers for this device. (Code 18)". But when I try to reinstall the drivers - or uninstall and let Windows do it, the same error an code comes up. It is stuck in a loop.

LeoniH, Jan 13, 2018
  9. LeoniH Win User
    Hi ZBook, in Device Manager on View, there is no option for hidden files, only "show hidden devices"

LeoniH, Jan 13, 2018
  10. fireberd Win User
    We are still in the dark as to your PC hardware/model. Please post this vital information.

fireberd, Jan 13, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Please use show hidden devices.

Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer > enter the product or serial number or model > view BIOS and drivers > post URL's or hyperlinks into the thread.

zbook, Jan 13, 2018
  12. LeoniH Win User
    Thank you for your patience, am a dummy tech-wise. Have filled in Computer specs. could not find cooler inf. Scanner, printer attached.
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool cannot see a sound card. "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."
    URL for HP HP Pavilion p6-2412a Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

LeoniH, Jan 14, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

Run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    Windows 10 Help Forums

Open device manager > click on view > click show hidden devices > right click on the row > post an image into the thread for
    the general tab > post an image
    driver tab and click driver details (view side by side) > post an image
    click details tab > under properties > scroll to hardware id and to problem code > post an image of each

Download and install this driver:
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

zbook, Jan 14, 2018
  14. LeoniH Win User
    Zbook: could not run log collector log collector v2-beta06.zip "Windows cannot find 'log'." Could not install driver - only loads to Windows 7 and 8, not 10.

Can't get IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to work [​IMG]

LeoniH, Jan 14, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When the above commands have completed > right click on the top bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click edit > left click select all > right click the top bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click edit > left click copy > paste into the thread.

The computer manufacturer, HP, only has support for this computer through windows 8. For Windows 10 it is sometimes necessary to download drivers for windows 7 or 8. When you download and attempt to install this driver please post the error message and the error code.

zbook, Jan 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't get IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to work - Similar Threads - Can't IDT High

2. All of a sudden, my PC is missing the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden, my PC is missing the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver?: Hello all...Had a quick like 2 seconds power outage earlier today. When everything came back on within seconds, all of a sudden, there was no sound at all from my Windows 10 64-bit system. I could not for the life of me understand why this occurred. I triple checked all of my...
  3. Internal Microphone Array IDT High Definition Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Microphone Array IDT High Definition Audio Not Working: Product: HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11After installing Windows 11 on a new 128GB SSD, the default sound drivers volume was too low but the microphone was working. There were no audio drivers in the Windows 10 categoy on HP website,...
  4. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC not present in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC not present in Device Manager: Speakers and headphones produce audio as expected. When recording screen with XBox Gamebar, I have sound. When playing back the recording, I have no sound. The video is fine, just no audio in the recording. In the course of troubleshooting the issue, updating the IDT High...
  5. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC stops working no sound, no microphone, only works for...

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC stops working no sound, no microphone, only works for...: Hi everyone,my audio playback and microphone recording stop working around 5-40 minutes after I start my PC. Running Windows "Troubleshoot sound problems" does not resolve the issue. Each time I am asked to restart my PC, which results in a recovery of sound, but then it...
  6. cannot update IDT High Definition AUDIO Codec

cannot update IDT High Definition AUDIO Codec: any support is needed as i think it is messing with my windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-idt-high-definition-audio-codec/cd74ec9b-bfaa-4dd3-a114-ea17bb606bab
  7. Missing IDT high definition audio CODEC

Missing IDT high definition audio CODEC: I'm trying to use a separate mic in my front panel 3.5 mm jack but I cannot seem to get any sound input from it, I've tried the mic on a different pc with no issues. I use an XLR to USB mixer for my other mic with no issues. Everything I find says to update the IDT high...
  8. No Sound - Install IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver

No Sound - Install IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver: There is much written on updating IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver for no sound. This I driver is not listed under the Device Manager sound file. How do I download this or how do I find it so I can add it?...
  9. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC: So I'm using an HP Envy 700 series and recently updated from windows 8.1 (The OS it came with) to windows 10.. I noticed as soon as I got in that the audio was not working. I tried the regular troubleshooting like trying to re-install the drivers or updating the drivers but I...
  10. IDT High definition audio codec cannot start (code 10)

IDT High definition audio codec cannot start (code 10): i recently resetted my laptop keeping only my personal file. the laptop has deleted the audio driver.when you hover the mouse on the sound option 'no audio output device is installed' appears.moreover when i went to device manager under sound,video...etc it shows idt high...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idt hda stereo mix ro work

2. idt high definition audio codec windows 10

3. I can not see thr IDT High

4. reinstall idt beats audio control panel