Windows 10: Can't get into computer due to strange keyboard activity WINDOWS 10

Discus and support Can't get into computer due to strange keyboard activity WINDOWS 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I've been looking around for a solution for a while now, but don't seem to find any situations quite like mine. I have had an issue with my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AugustėŽvirblytė, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Can't get into computer due to strange keyboard activity WINDOWS 10

Hi,

I've been looking around for a solution for a while now, but don't seem to find any situations quite like mine.

I have had an issue with my laptop where some keys got damaged, so I switched to a usb keyboard. Everything was fine until yesterday when I tried logging in into my computer when some of the letter keys seemed to not be working or working improperly? keys h, v, u, p, spacebar. The P key specifically is odd since it brings up the screen sharing to other monitor etc. section, also the spacebar opens the language settings?

So, I figured I would use the on-screen keyboard - this one worked just fine, and once I was in all of the keys worked fine so I forgot all about it.

Today, I'm trying to log in, and both my laptop and usb keyboard refuse to work on those same keys as yesterday, so I try to use the on-screen one, but this has the exact same issue as the physical ones! So, I am completely locked out of my computer.

I have tried a hard restart, a restart, restart in safe mode, shut down and turn back on, everything that I could possibly do inside the login screen.

What could be the issue? Is it the motherboard, or a weirdly specific nerf to my life that has no explanation? HELP.

:)

AugustėŽvirblytė, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Can't get into computer due to strange keyboard activity WINDOWS 10

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't get into computer due to strange keyboard activity WINDOWS 10

1. Can't get into computer due to strange keyboard activity WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - Can't computer due

2. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  3. Can't activate now due to workgroup error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate now due to workgroup error: Hey, My PC wasn't activated till now, but then I remebered the DVD I had and when I entered my product key this happened: Screenshot, the thing is my PC had a disk issue so it was replaced by an older one I had, which was given to me by my organization, well my...
  4. Can't play games due to strange battery fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play games due to strange battery fail: Hi i recently had a problem with the battery of my laptop and it wouldn't charge. I could only use it if it was connected to a powersource, but now i solved it.The only problem i still have is that some games that i played and after i closed them i unpluged the laptop...
  5. Razer keyboard behaving strangely on windows 10

Razer keyboard behaving strangely on windows 10: As the title suggests , I have a Razer Anansi keyboard and it works fine....except on startup. Basically, my user on the PC is password protected and so when I open my PC and type in my password my keyboard does some very weird stuff. As an example , when I press 'K' it...
  6. Strange activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange activity: Good day there is a strange activity on my computer. I can’t work with my applications because the calculations are constantly breaking or the folders on the computer are rearranged or the working files in the programs that I use are replaced. Could you tell me who was...
  7. Strange keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange keyboard behavior: Running windows 10 64bit latest update 1909 Build 18363.778 Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard with the MS Mouse and Keyboard Tools Software installed. Physical Keyboard layout = German QWERTZ with german Umlauts OS language is set to English, I had the...
  8. Strange activity happening on the computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange activity happening on the computer.: I have begun to notice something odd going on with a computer I use for work. It seems when creating a new folder there will sometimes be folders automatically created within that have incomprehensible names and impossible modification dates (see picture for reference). I am...
  9. Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt button it...
  10. Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10

Strange Keyboard issues Windows 10: All, I have recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop and I am using a Microsoft natural keyboard via USB. The keyboard works as expected for several hours of the day. However, out of nowhere, the keyboard will suddenly stop working for certain applications. Here is what I...