Windows 10: Can't get into computer; Log in screen wipes away before I can enter my password

Discus and support Can't get into computer; Log in screen wipes away before I can enter my password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of two days ago, I had an issue with trying to get into my pc. Each time I make an attempt to log in, that is. If I click or push a button on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Billie2134, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Can't get into computer; Log in screen wipes away before I can enter my password

As of two days ago, I had an issue with trying to get into my pc. Each time I make an attempt to log in, that is. If I click or push a button on my keyboard to pan the screen down so that it can prompt me to enter my password, it quickly wipes back down (as if when you're afk too long and it returns to the picture scene). I have noticed that it almost 'blinks' when it wipes down, and for a second it shows a blue screen instead of the photo scene.

I have tried to google any help for this problem, but it seems to be rare and the only solution seemed to be to update the hard drive. I cannot find any other solution and hope to get help quickly as in its current state I cannot get into, use, or even select any of the restart options on my computer (I can only turn it off when I push and hold the power button).

:)

Billie2134, Jan 27, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Can't get into computer; Log in screen wipes away before I can enter my password

Keyboard issue when entering password after exiting screen saver

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in keyboard settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Is the issue occurring while booting to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to enter the password using On-Screen keyboard and also run hardware troubleshooter to check for any change in hardware settings.

Step 1: I recommend you to try to use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the computer.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.

3. Then select On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

4. Click on Password box and enter the password into it through On-Screen Keyboard.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using keyboard at the login page, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't get into computer; Log in screen wipes away before I can enter my password

1. Can't get into computer; Log in screen wipes away before I can enter my password - Similar Threads - Can't computer Log

2. My computer windows 10 gets to the password screen, I enter the correct password, it seems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer windows 10 gets to the password screen, I enter the correct password, it seems...: Computer wouldn’t shut down last night so had to turn power off. This morning it won’t get pass the checking password stage, it just goes blank...
  3. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  4. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  5. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. can't get computer to show or enter passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get computer to show or enter passwords: Computer not performing any auto-sign ins when going to a different program Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-computer-to-show-or-enter-passwords/41aec91b-c749-474d-b176-329ac9aa3f23
  7. can't get computer to show or enter passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get computer to show or enter passwords: Computer not performing any auto-sign ins when going to a different program Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-computer-to-show-or-enter-passwords/41aec91b-c749-474d-b176-329ac9aa3f23
  8. Force Windows to start logging in before password is entered

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Force Windows to start logging in before password is entered: Windows will sometimes start logging me in behind the lock screen when I first boot my computer, then the computer is ready to go once I enter my password. This is really convenient, but it sometimes doesn't do this. Is there any way I can force Windows to ALWAYS do this? I...
  9. Can't get passed lock screen to enter password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get passed lock screen to enter password: Today I turned on my laptop running windows 10, and when i got to the lock screen with the time displayed, it would not open to let me enter my password. Everytime i hit a key or click the mouse it moves the screen up like it is going to let me enter my password, but then it...
  10. No password entering screen appears at log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password entering screen appears at log in screen: Whenever i switches on my everything works fine but at last there is only screen with wallpaper and four option at bottom right corner ...like power button, ease of access, etc .. i even tried safe mode with network prompt where i used my original Microsoft but it shows...