Windows 10: Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin

Discus and support Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, When I log in to my laptop it asks for my Microsoft account and I type in my email and password click enter and then a box and a message pops up... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by tonigascoigne, May 1, 2021.

1. Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin

Hi, When I log in to my laptop it asks for my Microsoft account and I type in my email and password click enter and then a box and a message pops up saying:Create a PIN What takes seconds to create and gives you fast and secure sign-in? A Windows Hello PIN! It only works on your device, so it stays off the web.There's a box that says next I click it because there's no other option and another message comes up and it says:Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later.If I click retry it brings up the same message i

:)

tonigascoigne, May 1, 2021
  2. Jags1979 Win User

AT&T Tilt - Problem setting ringtones

Hello,

I just purchased a new AT&T tilt phone, and I downloaded a ringtone from the Microsoft community. I made sure to place this in the "My Ringtones" folder. However, this does not appear in the list of ringtones under Settings --> Phone.

Can anyone please suggest how to set a ringtone that I have downloaded?

Thanks.

Jags1979, May 1, 2021
  3. soletsky Win User
    unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, May 1, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin

AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Source: AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Brink, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin

1. Can't get into my laptop because I can't set up a microsoft pin - Similar Threads - Can't laptop can't

2. I set up a sign-in PIN and can't use it or get rid of it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I set up a sign-in PIN and can't use it or get rid of it: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop and set up a sign-in PIN recently. When I tried to proceed with setting up Windows Hello I was advised my home account wasn't equipped to set it up, so I gave up and deleted the PIN from my password manager and no longer have it. I am now...
  3. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN: PIN no longer available due to a change in security settings on a MS Surface laptop. I am told I have to set up a new PIN but I can't get into the laptop to get to settings and reset the PIN. How am I to do this? This is a refurbished laptop with a new warranty....
  4. I can't set PIN

I can't set PIN: When I set up the fingerprint login, after I set up the fingerprint, I was indicated to enter the PIN, and then it can't go on, always pop up the windows let me enter the PIN. How can I do?...
  5. I can't Get Into My Laptop Because It Keeps Saying The Passwords Wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't Get Into My Laptop Because It Keeps Saying The Passwords Wrong: Hi Ive Been Having This Problem And Have Been Trying To Fix It on My own For Months Now but Awhile Ago I Think i Download Something And When I Restarted My Laptop I Couldn't Do Anything It Keeps Saying My Password Is Wrong I Tried all The Resets And I Cant Put In My Microsoft...
  6. Can't get started on set up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get started on set up: Trying to get started but it tells us our pin is incorrect. Will not let us reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-started-on-set-up/3a5464cb-65c4-4705-bf91-d4d0e444d994
  7. I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't send email because I can't get the correct settings for outgoing mail. I was on...: Was on Verizon email. I migrated to aol still using my Verizon.net email address. I bought a new computer and can't send email. I was able to receive email by using imap.aol.com but nothing I have tried works for outgoing mail. I have tried every variation of smtp.verizon.net...
  8. CAN'T SET UP A PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CAN'T SET UP A PIN: Hi, I been trying to set up a PIN to use instead of password but my device Dell E7450 keeps displaying the below message. "Something went wrong.We weren't able to set up your PIN.You can try again or skip this step and set up a PIN later." Please help....
  9. I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't get into Firefox because of Family settings.: Hi! So I've been trying to get into Firefox on my laptop and it says I need to ask for parent permission. I clicked ask by email and nothing showed up on my email for my dads. I've done some research into seeing what might fix the problem. My dad and I went into the family...
  10. Can't remove pin, if not set up already.

Can't remove pin, if not set up already.: Please help. I have too many passwords. I have a whole page that is covered in passwords from every section of the planet for every company and program. A whole note book. Now Microsoft wants me to even setup a pin on top of my password! :( There is no remove pin option if...