Windows 10: Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

Discus and support Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Armand Kang, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD error code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The main problem is that I can’t get into « safe mode » or get my laptop to reset. Please help. Thanks .

:)

Armand Kang, Mar 28, 2023

2. Safe mode reset

Hi Oliver,

It's possible that your device is set to boot in Safe Mode. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R to open Run Dialog box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Under General tab, choose Normal startup if it's not selected already.
    • Now, go to Boot tab, uncheck the Safe Boot
      option if it is checked.
    • Click OK to save the changes and restart the device to boot in Normal mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 28, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

1. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc - Similar Threads - Can’t safe mode

2. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc: Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD error code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The main problem is that I can’t get into « safe mode » or get my laptop to reset....
  3. In safe mode and can’t get out!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In safe mode and can’t get out!: HelloAfter my PC carried out updates, I had a problem with it so entered safe mode. Now I’m stuck in it. If I hold shift and restart, every option I am given requires password which I have forgotten as I have always used a PIN. I am in safe mode without networking. Can anyone...
  4. Can’t get out of safe mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t get out of safe mode.: How do I get out of safe mode on pc windows. No download link found in Microsoft store. For the switch out of safe mode download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/062845a7-2fea-49ca-92d1-bc6e79fa5e87
  5. Can’t log back into pc in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log back into pc in safe mode: I used amd clean and ask me to go into safe mode because of error. I did so but now when i go to log in screen i cant type in my password. Mouse doesnt work or keybourd it seems. But if i open command prompt i can type. Is there any way i can get into my windows and maybe...
  6. Reset PC while in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC while in safe mode?: I keep getting this popup that says “Microsoft Windows is not responding”, and I tried everything that I could to fix it but none of them worked. I then asked the original owner and builder of the PC and he told me that it might be just a Windows problem and I should just...
  7. Can’t get my PC to reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t get my PC to reset: So my friend gave me his old gaming PC, and I am trying to reset it to get all of his stuff off of it, as well as download the needed Windows updates. I have tried restarting it, but once it I go through the steps and finally click”Reset PC” it brings me to the Advanced...
  8. How to Reset a PC in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Reset a PC in Safe Mode: Hello, My PC gets a BSOD constantly whenever I'm not in Safe Mode, within minutes of starting the PC. After doing everything I can to try to fix it checking the disk, sfc, crash logs, etc., I just want to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately, Windows is telling me that PC...
  9. Can’t get into safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into safe mode: Hi, I was recently messing around with custom icons and stuff like that when I ran into a problem. I searched for a resolution and was directed to an answer on this telling me to rebuild my cache. I deleted the files and rebooted my computer. After this, I wasn’t able to...
  10. Can’t get to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get to safe mode: Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue screen of death loop and everytime it restarts it goes back to blue screen. I figure that if i go to safe mode and uninstall...