Windows 10: Can't get into Safe mode

Discus and support Can't get into Safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I use msconfig at the boot tab, I cannot set any options to get into safe mode. Also, if I use the Shift / Restart option I do not get the Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snifferpro, Aug 30, 2018.

1. snifferpro Win User

Can't get into Safe mode

If I use msconfig at the boot tab, I cannot set any options to get into safe mode.

Also, if I use the Shift / Restart option I do not get the Advanced menu to select more options and Restart.
    The only option under Advanced this way is uefi settings.

Thanks.

:)

snifferpro, Aug 30, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Monica Cam Win User

Can't get into Safe mode

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Can't get into Safe mode

1. Can't get into Safe mode - Similar Threads - Can't Safe mode

2. Stuck on "welcome" screen, can't get in to safe mode either.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "welcome" screen, can't get in to safe mode either.: Okay so, I've got this issue with my laptop where I can't log in. It starts up fine, gets to the screen with time and my account picture and name etc, and I can enter my password all fine. After I enter my password the screen just enters some infinite loop with "Welcome" and...
  3. can't get out of safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get out of safe mode, stuck: I used msconfig to get into safe mode, now I can't get out, keeps asking for password, will not take it, same password used for this site so password is good. I found this, but cannot get it to work..https://youtu.be/j0JZgGFkU-I, after booting from my flash drive and...
  4. Can't exit safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't exit safe mode: Hi everyone I'm having problems with my graphics card and had to go to Safe Mode according to a tutorial. Now I can't exit. I've read dozens of threads about it, but when I open system config, or msconfig, the safe boot box is already unchecked. I restart it from the...
  5. can't stop safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't stop safe mode: My neighbors laptop was running bad and I went to msconfig and selected safe boot and restarted into safe mode. Now the computer is in safe mode but I can no longer access msconfig. I don't know another way into safe mode to turn it off without msconfig, so how do I get into...
  6. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...
  7. Windows 10 can't get out of the safe mode!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can't get out of the safe mode!: Hi. I have a big problem I put my PC in safe mode but when I try to get out I can't I press the windows key and the R and then put msconfig. A window opens but it closes right after. I can't so anything please please please please help! 19066
  8. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...
  9. Cannot get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get into safe mode: Hey everyone, I'm trying to get into safe mode as a last resort for solving a 'boot to black screen' problem, but it's been impossible for 7 hours of attempts now. I can't login--I can't even get past the blinking cursor screen (it just goes black infinitely), so only...
  10. can't get out of safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't get out of safe mode: Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is now set to safe mode. So i'm...