Windows 10: Can't get into the Bios

Discus and support Can't get into the Bios in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Gateway NE56R52u that I upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and I can't get into the Bios. I've been on google all afternoon and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by squid13, Mar 5, 2017.

1. squid13 Win User

Can't get into the Bios

I have a Gateway NE56R52u that I upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and I can't get into the Bios. I've been on google all afternoon and tried everything but no luck. I have a HP desktop that I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and I can get into the Bios on that computer with no problem. When you turn the Gateway on it will show Gateway on the screen and then go immediately into windows startup.

:)

squid13, Mar 5, 2017
  2. salkinxd Win User

Get into the BIOS after Windows 10 expired (0xc0000605)

You should read my whole Question. I cannot get into my BIOS so i can run Win 10 from my usb. So basically i'm stuck in only that screen i discribed. No other Keys and combinations work. So this is really not helping me alot. I just need help at getting
    into the bios. Windows is skipping the bios screen. So i cannot press any buttons there

salkinxd, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Get into the BIOS after Windows 10 expired (0xc0000605)

To get boot menu:

Press power button

Then continue pressing down & up on F2 key until boot menu appears

Jmarco0921, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Can't get into the Bios

To enter the BIOs at power up you usually press a function key at the splash screen, often F2.

By default, Windows 10 is set to use fast start up, effectively a form of hibernation. Resuming from hibernation bypasses the step at which you can press the function key, you only get that when doing a full start from cold.

Either turn off fast start up of select Restart on the power button - this performs a full cold start. Then you should get the option to enter the bios.

Bree, Mar 5, 2017
  5. squid13 Win User
    Thank You, Thank You, I don't know why I didn't come here in the first place, that fixed it. I didn't have a problem, I just wanted to get in it.

squid13, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    And now you can *Smile Glad to have helped.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't get into the Bios

1. Can't get into the Bios - Similar Threads - Can't Bios

2. I can't access bios boot option on my microsoft studio laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access bios boot option on my microsoft studio laptop: Hi I'm trying to access the bios settings on my Microsoft studio laptop to change the boot device order. But i can't, it ask me for a system password which i don't have.Can anyone help me?Liam...
  3. I can't access bios boot option on my microsoft studio laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access bios boot option on my microsoft studio laptop: Hi I'm trying to access the bios settings on my Microsoft studio laptop to change the boot device order. But i can't, it ask me for a system password which i don't have.Can anyone help me?Liam...
  4. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  5. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  6. during update HP dcesktop "updating bios" now I can't even get into bios, tried everything...

during update HP dcesktop "updating bios" now I can't even get into bios, tried everything...: I have recovery drives, new installation disks, media creation disks, zippo. I exhausted everything, every F key, manipulating the power button, win+L, cmos clear, even F1-F12, escaps, delete, and a whole lot of other stuff I can't think of rite now. Can't get to anything, I...
  7. during update HP dcesktop "updating bios" now I can't even get into bios, tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    during update HP dcesktop "updating bios" now I can't even get into bios, tried everything...: I have recovery drives, new installation disks, media creation disks, zippo. I exhausted everything, every F key, manipulating the power button, win+L, cmos clear, even F1-F12, escaps, delete, and a whole lot of other stuff I can't think of rite now. Can't get to anything, I...
  8. Why can't I leave the BIOS screen on my new computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I leave the BIOS screen on my new computer?: So I just got all the parts for my computer and decided to put it together myself, I have an MSI motherboard and I'm using the old 2.5 and 3.5 storage drives from my really old computer. When I plugged in the computer and turned it on, it told me there was a RAM problem, in...
  9. Why can't I leave the BIOS screen on my new computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I leave the BIOS screen on my new computer?: So I just got all the parts for my computer and decided to put it together myself, I have an MSI mother board and I'm using the old 2.5 and 3.5 storage drives from my really old computer. When I plugged in the computer and turned it on, it told me there was a ram problem, in...
  10. Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot into bios after installing new gpu: I just installed a gpu into my pc, but after setting it up it didn't appear in task manager. So I was gonna enable my gpu in bios that's what I was told to do when I went searching around. However when I go through the suggested route left shift and restarting there is no...