Windows 10: Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe

Discus and support Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, today I wrote a .bat file that had a command to kill explorer.exe, I ran it as an administrator and then turned off my PC with the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CássioBarcellos, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe

Hi, today I wrote a .bat file that had a command to kill explorer.exe, I ran it as an administrator and then turned off my PC with the power button.Now, I can't get into windows, it keeps sending me back into the automatic repair screen, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to work.I need help urgently, anything is appreciated.

:)

CássioBarcellos, Jun 15, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe

1. Can't get into windows after killing explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Can't killing explorer

2. Can't get search index to only index exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get search index to only index exes: Far more files are being indexs then I have exes.. 20551 exes total across al drive including hidden files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-search-index-to-only-index-exes/200353a9-9e5e-4007-a8b0-9299a8c638ee
  3. Can't get search index to only index exes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get search index to only index exes: Far more files are being indexs then I have exes.. 20551 exes total across al drive including hidden files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-search-index-to-only-index-exes/200353a9-9e5e-4007-a8b0-9299a8c638ee
  4. Kill and Restart Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Kill and Restart Explorer.: I have a Toolbar Shortcut to Kill and Restart Explorer. The below does NOT work when entered into the Target [ Start In: C:\Windows\system32 ] . . . Code: C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im explorer.exe && start explorer.exe . . . but these do . . . Code: cmd.exe /c...
  5. Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Images not appearing in Windows Explorer(.exe): Firstly, I apologize advance because..best way describe the reason is... Do not make multiple threads in different sections for the same problem. I don't quite remember if it was here on Ten or Seven Forums, but I searched all my previous posts & threads (both forums) and...
  6. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  7. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
  8. Can't install exe files after download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install exe files after download: Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on...
  9. Windows can't find .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can't find .exe: Hello, I'm having an issue whenever I try to launch NVidia GeForce Experience. The full error message reads as follows; "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce Experience.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name...
  10. Can't run any .exe after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run any .exe after upgrade: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error: [img] I don't know what to do. 14041