Windows 10: Can't get into Word files

Discus and support Can't get into Word files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not get into several files, get the message "The ordinal 5641 could not be located in the dynamic link library...." Can anybody help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by suzafone, May 4, 2020.

1. suzafone Win User

Can't get into Word files

I can not get into several files, get the message "The ordinal 5641 could not be located in the dynamic link library...." Can anybody help?

:)

suzafone, May 4, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, May 4, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, May 4, 2020
  4. Can't get into Word files

Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't get into Word files

1. Can't get into Word files - Similar Threads - Can't Word files

2. Word file corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word file corruption: Word file corrupted by "Illegal qualified name character". Unable to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-file-corruption/667b3e8c-d97a-4dce-afee-6b838675f35c
  3. "This file can't be previewed" error in Word only for some files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This file can't be previewed" error in Word only for some files.: When I open a windows explorer window with the preview pane active, an then click a word file, the pane display the message:"This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Word previewer."I tried many tips: restart file explorer, change the place of opening...
  4. "This file can't be previewed" error in Word only for some files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This file can't be previewed" error in Word only for some files.: When I open a windows explorer window with the preview pane active, an then click a word file, the pane display the message:"This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Microsoft Word previewer."I tried many tips: restart file explorer, change the place of opening...
  5. "This file can't be previewed" error in Word only for some files.

6. can't delete rtf file microsoft word file & rich text file

can't delete rtf file microsoft word file & rich text file: i just randomly created a microsoft word file because i was just bored to the point of doing dumb things. and i just deleted it and it was good for some time like 2 or 3 days and then i started up my laptop to see here was 2 files. the microsoft word file was named TEXT...
  7. can't get to my files

can't get to my files: When I open my computer to get my documents I get a black screen that says it can't find files. Have I been hacked /scammed? Thanks for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-to-my-files/e41d5088-7c36-4501-8c99-5c954227a11d
  8. Word files

Word files: I cannot delete word files. The mouse shows it is busy and does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-files/4648262c-2144-4dd6-b652-fd7b27a69cbb
  9. Word files

Word files: HI, my files on my new windows 10 are not saving it says invalid file but it appears saved in documents please help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-files/efeb0e4b-9f2a-4401-bd80-09809eb6ecd9"
  10. getting a word count for multiple word docs

getting a word count for multiple word docs: Hi All, I am writing a book and now have 240 mini-chapters done, I think about two volumes worth. I can get the file explorer to show the word count for each of them but I can't find how to get a tally for all chapters together. I'm not married to doing this through file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ordinal 5641

2. THE ORDINAL 5641 COULD NOT BE located

3. meaning of ordinal 5641 not found?

4. microsoft word error message ordinal 5641,
  5. microsoft error 5641,
  6. 5641 error,
  7. ordinal 5641 could not be located,
  8. ordinal 5641 wor error