Windows 10: cant get laptop to communicate with the printer

Discus and support cant get laptop to communicate with the printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cant get my Lenovo 330S to communicate with my HP Officejet 6970... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexClephane, Dec 19, 2019.

1. cant get laptop to communicate with the printer

cant get my Lenovo 330S to communicate with my HP Officejet 6970

:)

AlexClephane, Dec 19, 2019

2. Dell 946 all in one printer- says there is no communication between my laptop and the printer.

Original title: Dell 946 all in one printer

I installed Windows 10 yesterday and it took 3 hours to get the computer to recognize my Dell 946 all in one printer. It now recognizes it but says there is no communication between my laptop and the printer. I have tried all of the recommended steps (disconnecting
    and reconnecting everything, turning off and restarting both printer and laptop) and the same message comes up. Any suggestions? Thanks

CarolPencke, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Printer issue, there was no communication between PC and Printer

Original title: laptop/printer issue

Hi everyone!

I have an HP ProBook 4430s and a Lexmark X2690 All-in-One Printer. A few weeks ago, my laptop and I went away for about a week, which left my printer disconnected. When I returned, I did my usual and plugged my printer's USB Cable into my laptop. When
    I tried to print a document, I got an error stating there was no communication between PC and Printer and listed a series of things to double check. Everything was connected properly and securely but I kept getting that same message. I then completely uninstalled
    and reinstalled my printer and got the following error message:

• Incorrect Port Detected
    • Print Job Canceled
    • This printer is designed to work with USB Cables only.
    • The current software setting is not set to USB Port.
      • Make sure using USB Cable.
      • Make sure printer is set to a USB Port.
    I have been confused since this printer issue started a few weeks ago. Through the Lexmark Productivity Studio, my laptop can communicate with the printer to scan a document but not print. I have also noticed the USB Virtual Printer Port is no longer showing
    in the list of ports.

I did nothing out of the ordinary when I reconnected my printer to my laptop after that week away. I have considered one of the Windows 10 Updates possibly being the cause of all this but just don't know.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts as to what is going on with this equipment? I really need some help here.

Thank you!!

MelindaChristy, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

cant get laptop to communicate with the printer

Printer not communicating

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your printer driver?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you try to print?
    • Have you tried
      installing a driver from Dell
      ?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check these articles and perform the troubleshooting steps given:

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

cant get laptop to communicate with the printer

1. cant get laptop to communicate with the printer - Similar Threads - cant laptop communicate

2. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to communicate with printer: I am trying to make an .net application that would get the printer status but the program is not getting any status but previously it was getting all the status...
  3. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to communicate with printer: I am trying to make an .net application that would get the printer status but the program is not getting any status but previously it was getting all the status...
  4. Printer not communicating wih pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not communicating wih pc: I am using Windows 10 in my HP laptop. My printer is HP desk jet 2630. They are not communicating. What shall I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-communicating-wih-pc/371a1d0a-87ec-40e8-beb0-0450a7acfe0c
  5. Printer Communication problem

Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  6. computer to printer communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer to printer communication: computer is printing to a file and not to the actual printer. How to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-to-printer-communication/4a5e42e8-33b7-4f59-8f4e-e50e4c33ad4a
  7. Printer and computer not communicating

Printer and computer not communicating: How do I determine whether it is the printer or the computer that is not working properly. I ran the printer - Epson WF-3520 - trouble shooter and it says there is not problem. My HP computer tells me that there is a printer error. I have repeatedly done the Wi-Fi setup on...
  8. Problem with Communicating with Printer

Problem with Communicating with Printer: windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice? [Original Title: printing]...
  9. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications: HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...