Windows 10: can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print

Discus and support can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't get Lexmark MS 317dn printer to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LenPatterson, Apr 26, 2020.

1. can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print

Can't get Lexmark MS 317dn printer to work

:)

LenPatterson, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Dutch Win User

How to get Windows 10 to find & retain a Lexmark CS310 printer?

Hello.

Windows 10 will not find my Lexmark CS310 printer that I want to use as the default printer.

After first installing Win 10, It found the printer and let me set it as the default. The printer was repeated in the list of printers in this way:
    Lexmark CS310
    Lexmark CS310 (Copy 1)

When I deleted the "Copy 1" listing, Win 10 removed *both* listings for the printer and now cannot find it. I have searched in various ways including the one about my printer is old, but all to no avail.

I can still print using that printer, but it will not retain it as the default (so I have to manually select it each time) and will not add it to the list of printers.

I read the thread "Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer in Settings" then checked my settings and saw that "Let Windows manage my default printer" is selected, but the computer does not retain the Lexmark CS310 printer after printing with that printer and cannot find it when I search for the printer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dutch, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Lexmark printer problem

Lexmark does make a universal driver for their products.

Lexmark Universal

The download links are listed on the right side of that page. There is a PCL5, PCL XL and PS3 version. Generally the PCL5 is more compatible, but will lack some features as its an older print driver that was in use during the early to mid 90's. The PCL XL will support all the features, but may have some compatibilty issues with some models. The PS3 usually ends up being the best of both worlds with Lexmark as their printers are based in PostScript where as HP printers use more PCL.

I would reccomend to download the PS3 driver and try installing it with that.

ArazelEternal, Apr 26, 2020
  4. can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print

Lexmark Pro915 printer

Lexmark Pro915 printer will not print on wifi after the latest Windows 10 update. Any suggestions

MaryHolder1, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print

1. can't get Lexmark printer MS317dn to print - Similar Threads - can't Lexmark printer

2. Lexmark Z715 Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lexmark Z715 Printer: I just upgraded my system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now my Lexmark Z715 printer will not work. I uninstalled and when I tried to reinstall the system went into a loop with the install window showing....
  3. Can't Print to printer

Can't Print to printer: All of a sudden I can no longer print to my printer from my laptops Two of them. I had no problem about a week or so ago. My daughter can plug in with her MAC PC and can print fine. I've removed the printer and reinstalled it, turned everything off/re-booted it printer,...
  4. Lexmark X9350 Printer

Lexmark X9350 Printer: Can a Lexmark X9350 printer work with windows 10. I get a message that there is no driver. But when I go to get the driver, I am not able to completely fill out the information requested. The form does not allow me to enter the version of windows I am using. Any...
  5. Unable to print using Lexmark x3650 printer

Unable to print using Lexmark x3650 printer: hi, Lexmark x3650 is giving no communication error with windows 10 I tried couple of solutions provided here but did not work, I installed windows 7 and 8 drivers for it separately but no result. please guide me with Lexmark software and drivers. thank you ***Original...
  6. Lexmark Printer Issues

Lexmark Printer Issues: Hello - I am having an issue with my Lexmark X5650 printer. I noticed today that under Devices and Printers, the printer is listed in the "Unspecified" section. Additionally, it is listed as: Lexmark 5600-6600 Series (Copy 1). I accessed Device Manager and under Printers...
  7. Problem with printer, can't get it to print.

Problem with printer, can't get it to print.: I already typed my question. How to change, .Save as PDF, instead of print after print preview. I have tried for two days to correct this. I uninstalled my printer, then reinstalled it again., didn't help. What is wrong. How to fix this? Please reply ASAP. I need to...
  8. can't get my printer to print in color

can't get my printer to print in color: just put in a new color cartridge, low on black ink but pages are still coming out in black and white. own a hp printer w/Dell (windows 10) have looked at printing preferences and don't see a color option. please help thank you much...
  9. Lexmark printer problem

Lexmark printer problem: Can a Lexmark printer operate in Windows10.I have an X9575model which works fine with windows7 and earlier xp for example but having installed Windows10 my laptop fails to connect either by USB or Wirelessly? Can't find any info on Lexmark site except confirmation that this...
  10. Lexmark x2550 printer

Lexmark x2550 printer: Hi my printer was working perfectly until i did windows 10 update, now it's no longer compatible, any advice as to how or can I use a different driver thanks 96821