Windows 10: Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

Discus and support Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is for windows, but im at my wits end. I am trying, to get kubuntu 20.04 installed onto my hp probook laptop, and I have tried unetbootin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BrokenDaily, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

I know this is for windows, but im at my wits end. I am trying, to get kubuntu 20.04 installed onto my hp probook laptop, and I have tried unetbootin, rufus, YUMI, Universal-USB-Installer, BalenaEtcher. NONE of them have worked. Before I went to do this I blanked my laptop drive and saw it had a windows install on it, and frankly, I already got windows on my desktop, I dont need two windows

I need your help, PLEASE. I have tried looking through its BIOS settings, and it can boot up that tails system just fine, but for the life of me it cant do kubuntu 20.04. I dont even think it will take the copy of ubuntu I have

:)

BrokenDaily, Jul 10, 2020
  2. malware Win User

HP Unveils Affordable ProBook Business Notebooks

HP today unveils a new brand of affordable notebook PCs that merge business functionality with sophisticated design to stand out from the crowd. The ProBook series joins HP's EliteBook series with a total of five new notebook models which incorporate a choice of merlot or glossy noir finishes, and feature high-definition (HD) LED backlit wide displays ranging from 14-inch to 17.3-inch diagonal sizes. The cheapest offering starts at $529. Please read the full story for more information.

Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook hp_probook_thm.jpg

The HP ProBook s-series includes:
    • HP ProBook 4410s and HP ProBook 4415s – Feature a 14-inch diagonal 16:9 HD widescreen LED backlight display, integrated optical drive with Blu-ray option and choice of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 or Intel GMA X4500 HD graphics controller. Wireless connectivity includes standard Wi-Fi certified WLAN and optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology. The notebooks also incorporate an HDMI port to connect to HD displays, and include Intel (4410s) or AMD (4415s) processors to offer a variety of options for mobility and longer battery life.
    • HP ProBook 4510s and HP ProBook 4515s – Offer a 15.6-inch diagonal 16:9 HD widescreen LED backlight display. Customers can select the optional HP Mobile Broadband connectivity with built-in Gobi technology, while standard Wi-Fi certified WLAN and optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology round out the wireless connectivity technologies. They also feature an integrated numeric keypad. The notebooks include a choice of Intel (4510s) or AMD (4515s) processors to meet high demands for performance and connectivity and choice of discrete or UMA graphics. There is also an integrated numeric keypad on the 15.6-inch and 17.3-inch models.
    • HP ProBook 4710s – Features a 17.3-inch diagonal HD widescreen display, the largest of the lineup. For more graphics-intensive environments, the notebook includes the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330, with up to 512 megabytes of GDDR2 for video memory. It also features the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Wireless connectivity includes standard Wi-Fi certified WLAN and optional integrated Bluetooth wireless technology. The notebook incorporates a HDMI port to connect to HD displays, as well as an integrated numeric keypad.
    The HP USB 2.0 Docking Station is a compatible accessory for the HP ProBook s-series. In just one step, users are connected to their keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer and other accessories, and they are able to get video, audio, network connectivity and up to four universal serial bus (USB) connected devices working at the same time. The HP USB 2.0 Docking Station is available now for $139.

Source: HP

malware, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Krop Win User
    HP Probook 450 Caddy

Hi, has anyone experiences with any compatible caddy adapter for HP Probook 450 G1? Which types (manufacturers) works with this probook?
    Thank you for answer.

4. Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

It sure would be nice if that ISO could come through as it would be a nice clean install.
    Unfortunately I just noticed on page one
    "Important: The downloader can't currently generate links for Windows 7, as well as Office 2007 and 2010. We're trying to bring back some limited options for these systems with the next release."
    But try it again to verify.

You could consider getting back to the factory setting w/o having to pay for install media.

Go to HP Probook Model Number 6460b Notebook User Guides
    HP ProBook 6460b Notebook PC User Guides | HP® Customer Support

Check out page 132 of 163

Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook [​IMG]

Check out page 145 of 163

Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

1. Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook - Similar Threads - Can't Linux installed

2. Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?: Hi @ all and big ups for the forum. I have a HP Probook 450 G7 notebook which definetely needs a clean install, although it is currently running latest version 20H2. I have checked with the HP cloud recovery service, the provided "recovery' media is just an bootable .ISO...
  3. Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook: I know this is for windows, but im at my wits end. I am trying, to get kubuntu 20.04 installed onto my hp probook laptop, and I have tried unetbootin, rufus, YUMI, Universal-USB-Installer, BalenaEtcher. NONE of them have worked. Before I went to do this I blanked my laptop...
  4. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  5. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  6. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with HP ProBook 6475b: Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications: Model :: HP ProBook 6475b CPU :: AMD A10-5750M GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III...
  7. Installing update 1709 on a Hp Probook 470 G3

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing update 1709 on a Hp Probook 470 G3: Hello, I have a HP Probook 470 G3 (UK english). I cannot install this "damned" upgrade . Have you an idea why ? MS worked on it and the upgrade stay stucked at 28 % via the media creation tool ! Any help is welcome , HP does not answer ? Somebody on this forum...
  8. Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b: Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I recently was given a HP ProBook 6460b Laptop with brokenhard drive I have tried putting the operating system on a bootable usb flashdrive just to see if the computer works with no luck. I have downloaded an iso for the...
  9. Random Restarts on HP ProBook

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts on HP ProBook: Hi I have fresh installed Win 10 x64 on my HP ProBook 450, yet every now and then it freezes with only the mouse cursor movable and then restarts the laptop. I though it was the upgrade from Win 8.1 but the same thing happens after a fresh install. HP have confirmed that...
  10. Problem installing win 10 on HP Probook 4540s.

Problem installing win 10 on HP Probook 4540s.: I tried to install on my laptop. Got error message "Internal Power Error". Googled, got a work around to try to disable all drivers and restart. This was very difficult because computer locked up so quick I had to very fast to get to device manager to complete. After many...