Windows 10: Cant get Mac Book to share Windows 10 printer

Discus and support Cant get Mac Book to share Windows 10 printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello - Been tearin' my hair out a little on this one, have scoured the net and posted on a couple Mac forums to no avail. PC is a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dashr, Jan 10, 2016.

1. dashr Win User

Cant get Mac Book to share Windows 10 printer

Hello -

Been tearin' my hair out a little on this one, have scoured the net and posted on a couple Mac forums to no avail.

PC is a brand new tower running Windows 10 & I love it but I cant seem to get my Mac laptop to connect to the Kodak c310 AIO printer when I hook it up to the new tower. It connects to my old Mac Pro tower easily over the same LAN.

The LAN is an ether-net using a Linksys 4 port router. The Mac identifies the tower as being on the network and seems to try to print to the Kodak but then just hangs at sending the data. As I said above, it prints fine over the same network to my old Mac tower.

I have followed all the steps here: http://macs.about.com/od/printershar...-Mac.htm#step1

Enabled LPD protocol & printer sharing in Windows 10.

Any advice or suggestions most appreciated thanks for reading!

:)

dashr, Jan 10, 2016

2. Printer stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

Original title: printer stopped working

cannot get mg6450 printer to work uninstalled and re installed still printer not responding my sons mac book will print so down to my computer was working since downloading windows 10 but has now stopped

andycole151, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 PC won't allow Mac access to Shared Folder

Good afternoon. I have a Windows 10 PC an Apple Mac Book Pro. I'd like to share my PICTURES folder from my Windows PC with my MBP but can't seem to get it figured out. I've tried COMMAND + K on my Mac and typed in my Windows IP address and attempted to connect
    as a Registered User but can't get that to work either.

What's the best route to go if I want to share a folder with my Mac?

Thanks!

TMattingly, Jan 10, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You do not have to do any changes other than sharing the printer if directly connected to the Windows machine. Your printer is Wireless Capable. Why do you have it still connected to the Windows Machine by USB if that is the case, instead of connecting the printer to your Wireless Network.

All that you need to do with your Macbook is tell Mac OS-X to search for a new Network printer. It should find it and then load the drivers and printer info. You have to connect the printer to your wireless network as it states in the manual, which is part of the setup. Connecting to a wireless network

bro67, Jan 10, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
  6. dashr Win User
    Thanks, but the MacBook is on the other side of the house & we try not to do wireless. We get bombarded with ELF rays enough as it is! lol

There's gotta be something I'm missing, it works flawlessly Mac to Mac over the same network, but whatever it is I'm not doing I sure can't figure it.

I'm about to go buy an ether-net hub/switch & a USB to ether-net adapter to connect to the Kodak. That would be a little cleaner anyway, since then the PC wont even need to be on to print from the MacBook.

dashr, Jan 10, 2016
  7. dashr Win User
    Well, that didn't work. Neither computer sees the Kodak when its hooked to an ether-net cable and connected to the router. I guess that's on the printer, it doesn't have an ether-net outlet built in so maybe it can't connect to a LAN that way...

dashr, Jan 11, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The Mac Book will see the Printer on the Network, when you have it set up properly. Even with WiFi, the printer needs to connect to the Gateway/Router and get an IP assigned to it by the router. It even states that it is WiFi only on it and in the books.

Read the manuals I linked. They walk you through the process, which is very simple.

No one is going to see anything on your Network, as long as you have a proper WPA2 Passphrase set up that keeps it locked down.

bro67, Jan 11, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    You do not have to go out and buy anything. Just follow the setps in the book about connecting the printer to WiFi.

bro67, Jan 11, 2016
  10. I have a printer set up via Wi-Fi and only those in the house can use it as it has to have a password put in.
    I know it works because we have tried to connect to router without password and it told us it was security protected
    So as long as you use the password on back of router then it will work Wi-Fi and no outsider will be able to log on

hTconeM9user, Jan 11, 2016
  11. dashr Win User
    But I would have to go out and buy something: a WiFi router. As I said in my first response, we don't want WiFi, its not an option.

Thanks though!

dashr, Jan 11, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Your only choice is to use WiFi to share the printer, so that you do not have to keep the other printer on, along with the fact that Windows 10 has a serious Networking issue at this moment, which there is no time frame yet, for them to have it fixed.

bro67, Jan 11, 2016
  13. PJLLB Win User

Please expand on your statement that "...Windows 10 has a serious Networking issue..."

PJLLB, Jan 13, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    Exactly that. There is a couple of threads on here that explain the issue right now with Windows 10 networking.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  15. wyldman68 Win User
    Do you have the File and Printer sharing (SMB-In) enabled on your Windows 10 Firewall? Windows Firewall/ Advanced Settings/Inbound/File and Printer sharing (SMB-In)

wyldman68, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Cant get Mac Book to share Windows 10 printer - Similar Threads - Cant Mac Book

2. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  3. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  4. Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer: hi everyone, I need help into sharing my USB printer on my windows 10 machine with my MacBook that is connected to the wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-mac-to-a-printer-shared-by-windows/c0daa569-6bd4-4d08-a8c8-b0f68d6d51a6
  5. Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer: hi everyone, I need help into sharing my USB printer on my windows 10 machine with my MacBook that is connected to the wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-mac-to-a-printer-shared-by-windows/c0daa569-6bd4-4d08-a8c8-b0f68d6d51a6
  6. Connecting my Mac to a Printer Shared by Windows Computer

7. Sharing Mac emails with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Mac emails with Windows 10: In use MacBook Pro but bought Windows 10 laptop for easier access to Teams.; rest of my group have Windows I want to share emails between Apple Mail and Windows without changing present IMAP address on Apple Mail, including to access meeting links sent by email. Windows Mail...
  8. Sharing Mac emails with Windows 10

Sharing Mac emails with Windows 10: In use MacBook Pro but bought Windows 10 laptop for easier access to Teams.; rest of my group have Windows I want to share emails between Apple Mail and Windows without changing present IMAP address on Apple Mail, including to access meeting links sent by email. Windows Mail...
  9. Sharing Mac emails with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. BSOD Mac book 16 Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Mac book 16 Windows 10: I got a lot of BSOD since Februar 2021. The notebook works with mac os fine. Here the minidumps: https://tdsystem-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ulf_nestler_td-system_de/Ed7JbRKeliZJmCdCMF6O6j4BR0rfNXJZB5EGpVM0Ely9JA?e=KWjWQSThanks!...